Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello.
Hello.
Hello. I'm an Atheist who decided today to join these forums. I was raised strictly Agnostic. You may ask what I mean- I do not mean that I was not allowed to have a religion, rather that my parents did not fully understand
Atheism, nor the fact that the correct term for me would be "Agnostic Atheist". The first time I mentioned Atheism, my dad told me rather seriously "not to get into that Satan worshiping crap", giving one a fair idea he did not have much common sense. But, throughout my childhood, I was able to gain a large amount of Atheist and religious friends, even deconverting a Christian friend of mine at the age of 12. I always love to hold a good discussion or argue. Though, I would like to avoid political debate, which almost always ends in hostilities. Also, Norse paganism is the best religion ever, although I am sadly not able to believe in it if I wish to continue thinking logically.
[Image: Mv4GC.png]
The true beauty of a self-inquiring sentient universe is lost on those who elect to walk the intellectually vacuous path of comfortable paranoid fantasies.
RE: Hello.
Welcome aboard!

[Image: 562766_513315318697926_441632591_n.jpg]

(I've been waiting for a chance to use that, ever since George Takei posted it on Facebook!)
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Hi and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome! Big Grin
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5978 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3646 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates