Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi, I'm a Christian
Hi folks!
Hi,

I'm new to this forum.

Cheers

greneknight
RE: Hi folks!
Howdy!
Cunt
Hi, I'm a Christian
Hi folks,

I'm a Christian and an altar boy in the Church of England. I'm currently in another country because my dad is in the foreign service and he has to come here.

Actually I'm already fed up with Christian Forums which I joined two weeks ago and got a 3-day ban for not being fundamentalist enough. My vicar warned me that US Christians are largely fundamentalists and they're extremely judgmental and unkind. I experienced it firsthand. My only crime was I offended fundamentalists by raising points I read from Bart Ehrman's book. They accused my vicar of being a wolf in sheep's clothing because it was he who lent me the book.

Anyway, I have this niggling feeling that atheists are nicer people than fundamentalists. Anyway, I have a liberal education and [/size]a liberal upbringing so I like diversity in life.

Glad to meet atheists in this forum.

Cheers,

greneknight
RE: Hi, I'm a Christian
Hi, welcome to the forums.

US fundies are funny, aren't they?

Oh and we are nicer than the fundies. We don't condemn people for the way they are.
(August 27, 2012 at 5:27 am)5thHorseman Wrote: Hi, welcome to the forums.

US fundies are funny, aren't they?

I don't think they are funny. I don't like them at all. I think they are self-righeous and very bad people. I think they treat non-Christians very badly and I've only been there for two weeks and I have seen a few instances of it. The US must be quite a horrid place to live in if their fundamentalists are anything to go by.
Welcome to the dark side.... or the light side, I always forget!
We have cookies and some entertaining stories.

Besides, I am not from the US, nor UK... Southern Europe, where the sky is blue and the sun is hot! Not Spain, nor France, nor Italy, nor Greece! Tongue
If you ever feel like relaxing from fundamentalist nutjobs, come here, cause we just don't care! Around here, value is placed on the person and not on the belief of that person. Wink
(August 27, 2012 at 5:23 am)greneknight Wrote: Actually I'm already fed up with Christian Forums which I joined two weeks ago and got a 3-day ban for not being fundamentalist enough.

Ah, our resident True Christian™ can explain to you why being fundamentalist is vital to your particular faith Big Grin

But anyhoo, welcome! I can't promise that everyone will be nicer to you (it really depends on how much bullshit you write really), but at least we try to be fair and not ban someone unless you break the rules. Hope you'll enjoy your stay here! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(August 27, 2012 at 5:35 am)pocaracas Wrote: Welcome to the dark side.... or the light side, I always forget!
We have cookies and some entertaining stories.

Besides, I am not from the US, nor UK... Southern Europe, where the sky is blue and the sun is hot! Not Spain, nor France, nor Italy, nor Greece! Tongue
If you ever feel like relaxing from fundamentalist nutjobs, come here, cause we just don't care! Around here, value is placed on the person and not on the belief of that person. Wink

Thanks, pocaracas. I can guess. Portugal? Pocaracas sounds Portuguese to me. I have been to Lisbon and I love it there. Castel Sao George is a really cool castle.
Welcome.
Cunt
(August 27, 2012 at 5:35 am)Kayenneh Wrote:
(August 27, 2012 at 5:23 am)greneknight Wrote: Actually I'm already fed up with Christian Forums which I joined two weeks ago and got a 3-day ban for not being fundamentalist enough.

Ah, our resident True Christian™ can explain to you why being fundamentalist is vital to your particular faith Big Grin

But anyhoo, welcome! I can't promise that everyone will be nicer to you (it really depends on how much bullshit you write really), but at least we try to be fair and not ban someone unless you break the rules. Hope you'll enjoy your stay here! ^_^

Thanks. Oh, there is a resident Christian here? The forum would be boring if there are no "true" Christians. There is nothing one can reasonably argue with atheists about. I actually started a thread in the formal debate section with a fundamentalist. We were to argue on "Objective morality exists and it is supported by the Bible and the teachings of Christianity". I was to oppose that motion. I might still go back just to do the debate. But what I don't like about them is the debate is only open to Christians. They have sections in the forums that are open only to Christians. They would love to find a reason to kick me out.

Why on earth would any forum need a place that is not open to others who don't share their belief unless their faith is so terribly fragile?

(August 27, 2012 at 5:43 am)frankiej Wrote: Welcome.

Thanks, Frankiej.