Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 12:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to Suck at Your Religion
How to Suck at Your Religion
Click Link >>>>>

[Image: header.png]
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: How to Suck at Your Religion
I thought it was hilarious, but as far as I know you are allowed to convert to Judaism, even orthodoxy accepts converts. Marilyn Monroe, Sammy Davis Jr, and Elizabeth Taylor all converted to Judaism.
I very much enjoyed that and can't wait to share! ROFLOL
"I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence" ~Doug McLeod

[Image: noone-knows.png]

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
You can convert to Judaism, I did it while I was in boo tcamp because there was only one Jew in my platoon and he was very small. So to keep him from being picked on I said I was Jewish(I was the biggest buy in the platoon) and even went to services with him. It was actually a very pleasant experience. We were the only two marines that had a service on friday nights while everyone else got all jacked up and still got to chill on sunday while everyone else went to their other services
I'm no one special and I treat everyone the best I possibly can, but to you believer, despite my acts, I am condemned to hell.
(August 30, 2012 at 10:32 am)CaseyTheAthie Wrote: You can convert to Judaism, I did it while I was in boo tcamp because there was only one Jew in my platoon and he was very small. So to keep him from being picked on I said I was Jewish(I was the biggest buy in the platoon) and even went to services with him. It was actually a very pleasant experience. We were the only two marines that had a service on friday nights while everyone else got all jacked up and still got to chill on sunday while everyone else went to their other services

There's actually an entire conversion process in Judaism. The process involves studying for months to even years depending on the movement and your rabbi, incorporating observance of laws and holiday observances into your life, and going in front of a religious court called the Beit Din to see if you're fit for conversion, then you undergo immersion in a mikveh usually.
(August 30, 2012 at 3:32 pm)Marnie Wrote:
(August 30, 2012 at 10:32 am)CaseyTheAthie Wrote: You can convert to Judaism, I did it while I was in boo tcamp because there was only one Jew in my platoon and he was very small. So to keep him from being picked on I said I was Jewish(I was the biggest buy in the platoon) and even went to services with him. It was actually a very pleasant experience. We were the only two marines that had a service on friday nights while everyone else got all jacked up and still got to chill on sunday while everyone else went to their other services

There's actually an entire conversion process in Judaism. The process involves studying for months to even years depending on the movement and your rabbi, incorporating observance of laws and holiday observances into your life, and going in front of a religious court called the Beit Din to see if you're fit for conversion, then you undergo immersion in a mikveh usually.

They never mentioned it to me. I think they assumed I was already Jewish. I mean we were only there for 2 months one in the beginning and one at the end so I never got to see/do any of that.
I'm no one special and I treat everyone the best I possibly can, but to you believer, despite my acts, I am condemned to hell.
(August 31, 2012 at 11:44 am)CaseyTheAthie Wrote:
(August 30, 2012 at 3:32 pm)Marnie Wrote: There's actually an entire conversion process in Judaism. The process involves studying for months to even years depending on the movement and your rabbi, incorporating observance of laws and holiday observances into your life, and going in front of a religious court called the Beit Din to see if you're fit for conversion, then you undergo immersion in a mikveh usually.

They never mentioned it to me. I think they assumed I was already Jewish. I mean we were only there for 2 months one in the beginning and one at the end so I never got to see/do any of that.

Yeah, Judaism is a little different than other religions where you can start practicing and you're in. If you told people you're Jewish and you went to services they probably just thought you were. It's not like they take surveys or anything.
It was spot-on until the end when he tried to apply Sermon on the Mount ideals to other religions and proved he was ignorant of other cultures. Probably is an American.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(August 31, 2012 at 8:06 pm)Polaris Wrote: It was spot-on until the end when he tried to apply Sermon on the Mount ideals to other religions and proved he was ignorant of other cultures. Probably is an American.

It was certainly very Christianity censored. That dad also mentions when talking to the kid that no one in their right mind would believe in Christianity unless they were taught that by an authority figure when they were young. There are people who become Christian later in life voluntarily. Excuse me, but god knows why.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10598 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4869 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 19600 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
Rainbow Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion" CristW 288 48971 November 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen
  What is it about America? Does America's education system just suck? Xavier 87 30392 September 4, 2012 at 9:45 am
Last Post: Faith No More
  Writers: if you're not Judeo-Christian, chances are you suck. thesummerqueen 52 20510 February 15, 2012 at 11:15 am
Last Post: LarissaAnn
  Suck on this one you pony worshipping heathens! leo-rcc 16 3660 October 29, 2011 at 11:18 am
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  Religion Vs Religion. Bull Poopie 14 5160 September 8, 2010 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused