Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 11:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Might as well do da deed
Might as well do da deed
Alright, here we go. My name is Vinny G.

G ain't ma last name, it's my middle. Giamperini. I don't know what my parents were thinkin' givin me a country-name like that. It sounds like the sound a trampoline makes in one of those old cartoons, ya know? Anyway, I'm here cuz I believe very strongly about certain things. And I wanna make you an offer I can't refuse. I want to debate with a Christian. Any Christian. I wanna put my beliefs to the test. You see I'm a skeptic. And it's hard being a skeptic in such a traditional family as mine, where even my grandma sitting on the couch right now has a little dirt between her toes from the Napoli farm where she grew up. We're just that Italian. But I'm bucking the Catholic trend here and going with the reason and the science. You see, you don't gotta be a scientist to be scientific. You just gotta be real. Science is real.

And I wanna put my beliefs to the test, like any good scientist would. So I challenge a Christian to a debate. Any Christian.

Terms and conditions:

-I know you Xies can be a little skittish when it comes to the spicy language. So I'll keep it to the minimum.
-But you Xies gotta know one thing- it's gonna be all debate and science. Nothing presuppositional, nothing like circular reasoning, using da Bible to prove da Bible, none of dat shit. 100% pure reason and science and logic. Nothing more, nothing less. I know a lot more than you realize.

Bring da best. You think you can humiliate me? You'll be in for a surprise. Wink
RE: Might as well do da deed
(August 29, 2012 at 5:04 am)Vincenzo "Vinny" G. Wrote: And I wanna make you an offer I can't refuse.

Oh, I beg to differ. It's quite easy to refuse that.

Quote:Terms and conditions:

-I know you Xies can be a little skittish when it comes to the spicy language. So I'll keep it to the minimum.
-But you Xies gotta know one thing- it's gonna be all debate and science. Nothing presuppositional, nothing like circular reasoning, using da Bible to prove da Bible, none of dat shit. 100% pure reason and science and logic. Nothing more, nothing less. I know a lot more than you realize.

Right.. Making presumptions from the start. The force is not strong with this one. For granted, many believers do the circular reasoning thing, but not all.

Quote:You think you can humiliate me?

Keep this attitude and you'll make a fine job by doing it yourself.

If you seriously want to debate, all you have to do is post like your life depends on it, there's a lot of good threads out there.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome

*do we have a yawn emoticon?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Welcome.
Cunt
Welcome, Stereotypically-Italian Batman. Lol
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
(August 29, 2012 at 5:04 am)Vincenzo "Vinny" G. Wrote: Alright, here we go. My name is Vinny G.

G ain't ma last name, it's my middle. Giamperini. I don't know what my parents were thinkin' givin me a country-name like that. It sounds like the sound a trampoline makes in one of those old cartoons, ya know? Anyway, I'm here cuz I believe very strongly about certain things. And I wanna make you an offer I can't refuse. I want to debate with a Christian. Any Christian. I wanna put my beliefs to the test. You see I'm a skeptic. And it's hard being a skeptic in such a traditional family as mine, where even my grandma sitting on the couch right now has a little dirt between her toes from the Napoli farm where she grew up. We're just that Italian. But I'm bucking the Catholic trend here and going with the reason and the science. You see, you don't gotta be a scientist to be scientific. You just gotta be real. Science is real.

And I wanna put my beliefs to the test, like any good scientist would. So I challenge a Christian to a debate. Any Christian.

Terms and conditions:

Bring da best. You think you can humiliate me? You'll be in for a surprise. Wink

Hey Vinny, here's a couple tips to aid you in obtaining that debate you're looking for. (Also some forum etiquette)
1. cuz=because and Da=the and dat=that ... no one is going to want to have a legitimate debate with someone who sounds like an ignorant street thug.
2. Calling christians Xies (which I certainly have no problem with), is probably not going to be conducive to getting one to respond to you. You see, most that I know, don't like it when you take the "christ" out of their moniker.
3. Putting restrictions such as this, "Nothing presuppositional, nothing like circular reasoning, using da Bible to prove da Bible, none of dat shit. 100% pure reason and science and logic. Nothing more, nothing less." is not doing yourself any favors. Christians notoriously argue their own special logic. If you want to play in our little sandbox, these tips may help you towards your goal.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Is this Joe Pesci in disguise or something?

Uh, welcome I think?
Hey...don't fuck with Joe Pesci.

Remember what George Carlin said about him.
This is all I could think of while reading your introduction:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4trn2lJxl00
Welcome, Vinnie, and good luck.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well, it's been about four years. What's up all? Mudhammam 12 1215 July 15, 2021 at 10:36 am
Last Post: tackattack
  well im back dyresand 12 1230 April 25, 2020 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Dundee
  Well hello Abaddon_ire 23 3238 October 6, 2017 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Well hello atheist forums anonymousyam 27 3466 April 3, 2016 at 9:35 pm
Last Post: c172
  Well, Hai Ari Sheffield 14 2083 March 21, 2016 at 2:36 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  well, hello Mermaid 30 4532 October 10, 2015 at 4:37 am
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Good Morning! (...well, it's morning here anyway) Lewligan 13 2511 June 11, 2014 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  well I'm here ,what do you know.. Artur Axmann 10 2394 May 28, 2014 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Brakeman
  Well well, what have we here? BlackMason 13 2502 May 11, 2014 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Well here I am yoshirama 26 3465 January 27, 2014 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: EgoRaptor