Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The GOP and Guns
The GOP and Guns
I'm sure our saner European members will be shocked by this but none of us who live in the Lala-land that the US has become will be surprised.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/2012083...NIAO1.html

Quote:TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Republicans have strengthened the pro-gun-rights portion of their party platform, including a new call for unlimited bullet capacities in guns, in a defiant response to criticism that followed recent mass shootings at a Colorado cinema and an Arizona congresswoman's gathering.

Apparently they want to give shooters belt-fed machine guns!
RE: The GOP and Guns
(August 30, 2012 at 12:24 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I'm sure our saner European members will be shocked by this but none of us who live in the Lala-land that the US has become will be surprised.

Quote:TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Republicans have strengthened the pro-gun-rights portion of their party platform, including a new call for unlimited bullet capacities in guns, in a defiant response to criticism that followed recent mass shootings at a Colorado cinema and an Arizona congresswoman's gathering.

Great. Because every gun-toting wacko in the US of A needs a machine gun.
It kills me that the republican platform is so far right, yet Romney is trying to distance himself from it. It's like he thinks his party's platform has nothing to do with what he will do if elected.
So they want minimi's and gatlin guns.......... nice.
I really would love to get my hands on a 249 or a 240b, I don't know why this call is warranted though, aftermarket mods already allow this if one were so inclined.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:It kills me that the republican platform is so far right, yet Romney is trying to distance himself from it.

Especially since his delegates provided the majority that wrote it.
(August 30, 2012 at 12:38 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Especially since his delegates provided the majority that wrote it.

Not to mention he selected a running mate to pander to them.
(August 30, 2012 at 12:34 pm)Rhythm Wrote: I really would love to get my hands on a 249 or a 240b, I don't know why this call is warranted though, aftermarket mods already allow this if one were so inclined.

I'd rather have an MG-42.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
brb - moving to Merica so I can live out my Call of Duty dreams.......
(August 30, 2012 at 12:52 pm)popeyespappy Wrote:
(August 30, 2012 at 12:34 pm)Rhythm Wrote: I really would love to get my hands on a 249 or a 240b, I don't know why this call is warranted though, aftermarket mods already allow this if one were so inclined.

I'd rather have an MG-42.
MG-42 is a classic...definitely another one I'd like to fire. By the by, when I mentioned "aftermarket" I was referring to duct-tape........
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 30, 2012 at 12:24 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I'm sure our saner European members will be shocked by this but none of us who live in the Lala-land that the US has become will be surprised.

They should go further and advocate the legal ownership by civilians such weapons as rocket launchers and tanks.
undefined

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Absurd GOP Foxaèr 2098 128783 April 21, 2024 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1016 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Did guns or vaccines save more lives in 2021? FlatAssembler 94 7874 January 27, 2023 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Yet Another GOP Dumpster Fire Of A Human Being BrianSoddingBoru4 139 9993 July 23, 2022 at 4:20 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  So what is GOP's plan for the new wave of newborns? Fake Messiah 43 2817 June 30, 2022 at 9:11 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1452 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  No More Guns Foxaèr 75 5044 August 1, 2021 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Ghost Guns - one of the left's lies. onlinebiker 33 2101 June 23, 2021 at 5:11 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Want to sell more guns? Vote ( D ) onlinebiker 145 7788 February 26, 2021 at 7:04 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Let’s take their guns BrokenQuill92 141 9810 November 22, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger