Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 1:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Republican Party Platform 2012 and Religion
Republican Party Platform 2012 and Religion
So, I was glancing at the republican party platform in an attempt to gather information to show my wife what the party she has traditionally voted for has become(she's already very hesitant about voting Republican anyway), and I came across their plan for religious freedom. It's kind of funny, in a very sad way, because they first proclaim their love of freedom of religion and then go on to describe all the ways they will trample all over everyone else's. This campaign is really starting to weigh on my mental state, because of the crazy direction this country is going.

Read it and weep.

Quote:The most offensive instance of this war on religion has been the current Administration’s attempt to compel faith-related institutions, as well as believing individuals, to contravene their deeply held religious, moral, or ethical beliefs regarding health services, traditional marriage, or abortion. This forcible secularization of religious and religiously affiliated organizations, including faith-based hospitals and colleges, has been in tandem with the current Administration’s audacity in declaring which faith-related activities are, or are not, protected by the First Amendment – an unprecedented aggression repudiated by a unanimous Supreme Court in its Hosanna-Tabor v. EEOC decision. We pledge to respect the religious beliefs and rights of conscience of all Americans and to safeguard the independence of their institutions from government. We support the public display of the Ten Commandments as a reflection of our history and of our country’s Judeo-Christian heritage, and we affirm the right of students to engage in prayer at public school events in public schools and to have equal access to public schools and other public facilities to accommodate religious freedom in the public square. We assert every citizen’s right to apply religious values to public policy and the right of faith-based organizations to participate fully in public programs without renouncing their beliefs, removing religious symbols, or submitting to government-imposed hiring practices. We oppose government discrimination against businesses due to religious views. We support the First Amendment right of freedom of association of the Boy Scouts of America and other service organizations whose values are under assault and condemn the State blacklisting of religious groups which decline to arrange adoptions by same-sex couples. We condemn the hate campaigns, threats of violence, and vandalism by proponents of same-sex marriage against advocates of traditional marriage and call for a federal investigation into attempts to deny religious believers their civil rights.

http://whitehouse12.com/republican-party-platform/
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
RE: Republican Party Platform 2012 and Religion
Looks like a charter for christians to run roughshod over everyone else.

So no surprise there then.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

No faith based activity is protected by the first amendment when it conflicts with any other law or statute, period. Lets see these assholes argue in favor of faith based ritual murder. Feel free to tell whomever you want just how terrible of a person they are as you hand them the fucking birth control pills that their premiums paid for. End of. If a person wants their religious affinity to make healthcare decisions for other people then they should A: have children, and B: go ahead and let christian scientists or jehovahs witnesses make their healthcare decisions for them while they're at it. Never content with simply being douchebags to themselves and each other, are they...they have to make sure that everyone is under the same idiotic boot.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Best represented by this....

[Image: B-StopUsingJesus.gif]
Looking at that wheres my bumper sticker?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(August 30, 2012 at 2:30 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Best represented by this....

The worst part is that they turn around and try to act like they're the victims of everyone else's bigotry.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Martyrs, as foretold, blah blah blah.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Well, at least they're following the parts of the Bible that tells the to be an asshole to anyone who doesn't believe like they do. Wish they understood how our government is supposed to work as well as they understand their religion, though.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
Sorry if I'm off topic but is Ron Paul a republican? If this is off topic then please PM with the answers to my questions. Here are my questions, what religion does he belong to? Is he a Christian? Because I have a sneaky feeling he could be a Muslim. I'm not saying he is but it's just the way he supports Muslims and how Muslims support him. There are already 4 Muslim facebook pages dedicated to him. Also I hear he works with many Muslims in his Libertarian party. Just search on google 'Ron Paul muslim' or 'Ron Paul Islam'. Just some suggestions because I find this interesting.

As I said, if i'm going off topic then don't reply on this thread, PM me instead. I just decided to bring this up considering Republican party and religion is brought him in this thread.
(August 30, 2012 at 11:16 pm)Sami_23 Wrote: Is he a Christian?

Yes.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 1570 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Republican Party Purge Foxaèr 11 756 April 15, 2021 at 11:27 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Republican Representative compares his party's fight to Imperial Japanese Soldiers Rev. Rye 2 285 November 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The Republican America Foxaèr 19 1156 November 23, 2020 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  If your senator is Republican... Gawdzilla Sama 5 594 October 5, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Compare Joe Biden In 2012 To Him Today: Signs of Dementia Are Clear ReptilianPeon 11 1964 April 12, 2020 at 6:00 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1517 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1093 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Former Republican Rick Wilson Nails It Minimalist 4 630 August 26, 2018 at 2:42 am
Last Post: Amarok
  The Iowa Republican Party platform. Jehanne 14 1447 August 20, 2018 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger