Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
20,000 year old Buildings Found in Jordan
20,000 year old Buildings Found in Jordan
And the fundies will shriek in outrage!!!!

Quote:en thousand years before Neolithic farmers settled in permanent villages, hunter-gatherer groups of the Epipalaeolithic period (c. 22–11,600 cal BP) inhabited much of southwest Asia. The latest Epipalaeolithic phase (Natufian) is well-known for the appearance of stone-built houses, complex site organization, a sedentary lifestyle and social complexity—precursors for a Neolithic way of life. In contrast, pre-Natufian sites are much less well known and generally considered as campsites for small groups of seasonally-mobile hunter-gatherers. Work at the Early and Middle Epipalaeolithic aggregation site of Kharaneh IV in eastern Jordan highlights that some of these earlier sites were large aggregation base camps not unlike those of the Natufian and contributes to ongoing debates on their duration of occupation. Here we discuss the excavation of two 20,000-year-old hut structures at Kharaneh IV that pre-date the renowned stone houses of the Natufian. Exceptionally dense and extensive occupational deposits exhibit repeated habitation over prolonged periods, and contain structural remains associated with exotic and potentially symbolic caches of objects (shell, red ochre, and burnt horn cores) that indicate substantial settlement of the site pre-dating the Natufian and outside of the Natufian homeland as currently understood.

This is the link to download the .pdf file.

http://www.plosone.org/article/fetchObje...tation=PDF
RE: 20,000 year old Buildings Found in Jordan
Nice find, Min. Can't wait to read this when I get home.
Quote:And the fundies will shriek in outrage!!!!

Ta for the link Min.

No doubt many of the more closed minded will shriek their tits off.

However,the progressives,such as those who built the creationist museum,will admit bishop Usher may have been a bit out in his calculations. I have seen some admit the earth may well be up to 50,000 years old! Thinking
Neat article. Thanks for sharing!

I bet we'll see a few "you can't accurately date things" comments in response to this. Or "There are flaws in how they determine the ages" crap.
"I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence" ~Doug McLeod
(August 30, 2012 at 9:13 pm)tangobunny Wrote: Neat article. Thanks for sharing!

I bet we'll see a few "you can't accurately date things" comments in response to this. Or "There are flaws in how they determine the ages" crap.

...and when that happens I'll be ready with my prepared essay on why creationist claims on the subject don't hold water. Smile
(August 30, 2012 at 9:13 pm)tangobunny Wrote: Neat article. Thanks for sharing!

The truth is "they" can't accurately date things. Science has improved the techniques immensely.
Yeah. Was reading about these guys earlier this week Big Grin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natufian_culture Further links from: http://archaeology.about.com/od/nterms/qt/natufian.htm

http://mathildasanthropologyblog.wordpre...natufians/

More interesting stuff....

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=Natufi...e&ie=UTF-8

You'll make an "Armchair Archaeologist/ Historian" out of me yet Min Heart
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Looks like the role played by the agriculture revolution in human social and biological evolution need some revision.

Another really remarkable ruin of pre-agricultural stone building, this time on a monumental scale, is Gabekli Tepe in Turkey. It's at least 12000 years old. It's the earliest known monumental religious building in the world by 3000 years.

The tantalizing thing about Gabekli Tepe site is not just stone work and relief sculpture, but hints that some elements of religious iconography prevalent in early Iron age Hittite culture 3000 years ago and continued down through to Kingdom of Pergamon during Greco Roman time, such as the leopard goddess, may have had descended directly from the Gabekli Tepe culture, indicating a continuous native cult or religious tradition in Anatolia that stretched 10,000 years.

Let those fundies who bleat so bitter about how miraculously long (2000 year) christianity have survive chew on this. The leopard goddess cult is 10,000 years old when some one knocked up "virgin" mary to give Jesus birth.
Impossible! Unthinkable! Blasphemous! How could there be buildings nearly fifteen thousand years before the Universe was created?! Only atheistic evilutionists and their Satanic scientism would even dare to imagine such heathen lies!

What, was God getting into practise before the big game? Learning the trade? Bricklaying's a skilled job, you know. Not to mention town planning.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(August 31, 2012 at 1:31 am)Stimbo Wrote: Impossible! Unthinkable! Blasphemous! How could there be buildings nearly fifteen thousand years before the Universe was created?! Only atheistic evilutionists and their Satanic scientism would even dare to imagine such heathen lies!

Clearly while God is great, our ancesters were greater, and built a civilization in an as yet nonexistent universe with their as yet uncreated hands.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  400,000 Year Old Cranium Found in Portugal Minimalist 29 4671 March 29, 2017 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Largest diversity of dinosaur tracks to be found The Valkyrie 4 724 March 28, 2017 at 7:24 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Penguins the Size of Humans (Fossils found) The Valkyrie 22 3699 February 23, 2017 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  I found a neat book to teach kids the basics of Evolution Milton42 1 919 August 1, 2015 at 3:36 pm
Last Post: Aoi Magi
  130,000 years ago? Even Neandertal Fucks the Creatards Minimalist 23 6832 April 13, 2015 at 11:40 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Is it really a new year? lifesagift 13 3359 January 3, 2015 at 6:49 am
Last Post: Heywood
  6000 year old temple unearthed in Ukraine Jackalope 7 2738 October 22, 2014 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Oldest Clovis Sites Found Thus Far Minimalist 24 4926 July 16, 2014 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Archaeologists Think They Have Found the Wreck of The Santa Maria Minimalist 31 7151 May 14, 2014 at 12:00 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  800k YPB Footprints Found in Britain Minimalist 19 3725 February 8, 2014 at 6:50 pm
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)