Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religious 'inspirational' platitudes
Religious 'inspirational' platitudes
I'm sure we've just about all had these sorts of things sent to us at one time or another by some friend or relative whose heart may be in the right place even if their mind isn't. This example came from my Facebook wall and I present it here with a warning: the following image contains so much sugary syrup that your health may be at risk.

All that said, this is the sort of thing that's meant to improve my life or save my soul, or somesuch:

[Image: 296538_463865240301752_401426092_n.jpg]

Yes; my reaction exactly. As always there's a handy non-believer around when you want one:

Robert Green Ingersoll, "The Gods" (1872) Wrote:We are satisfied that there can be but little liberty on earth while men worship a tyrant in heaven.

Anyone got any others they'd like to throw in here? Consider this a rubbish tip for such saccharine platitudes.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: Religious 'inspirational' platitudes
"You may not believe in God, but He believes in you."

Bitch, please.
(September 4, 2012 at 4:43 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: "You may not believe in God, but He believes in you."

Bitch, please.

but...I said something rather similar to you just the other day Sad
(September 4, 2012 at 4:51 pm)idunno Wrote:
(September 4, 2012 at 4:43 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: "You may not believe in God, but He believes in you."

Bitch, please.

but...I said something rather similar to you just the other day Sad

What do you think made me think of it?

Nothing personal, mind you. Just not terribly useful, in my view.
I'm only kidding. I know it sounds corny (I mentioned that when I said it).
"I wanna get down on my knees and start pleasing Jesus! I wanna feel his salvation all over my face!"
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Tegh, you've either got to stop watching those sort of videos or give me the url!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
And that's my exit O_o
That's what she said. (badum-TISH)
From memebase today... It kinda made me throw up in my mouth a little bit...
http://cheezburger.com/6553337856

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Religious moderates enable religious extremists worldslaziestbusker 82 32815 October 24, 2013 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Optimistic Mysanthrope