Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
progress?
progress?
Some uk news mildly good. Apparently the BBC Trust is looking closely at BBC Radio 4's religious Thought for the Day slot, with the view to opening it up to expressing humanist and secular opinion.
It seems it is responding to complaints from the irreligious on its feedback programme.
Progress of sorts!
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
RE: progress?
The more criticism (constructive) of religion the better, especially the current liberal anglican status quo.

I'd like to see some new age wack jobs and messiah claimants on there too.

It's strange, but atheist criticism of religion actually does more to enlighten all of us than certain religious groups' attempts at instruction.
I must say you guys are lucky that you live in UK. I cannot even think of making my views public among my friends. I really hope the Muslims in the world start thinking more logically and see the obvious flaws in the religion of Islam.
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."
Quote:I really hope the Muslims in the world start thinking more logically and see the obvious flaws in the religion of Islam.

I gather you mean without becoming stoned,stabbed, shot or beheaded, or having a fatwah slapped on their arse.