Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:31 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The cind of Atheist I am.
The cind of Atheist I am.
First of all, i´m a 24 year old Dutch Atheist so pardon my spelling and grammar here and there.
I was born and raised in a verry religious envoirement although at home, we didn't have much to do with it. Near to where I live is the fastest growing chucrch in Europe (Bethel church). The reverend (Bottenbley) is probably one on the smartest people i've met regarding to communication and psycology. Or as i like to call it indoctrination and brainwashing.

Most of my family has been consumed by this church. It's just my mum and dad, brother, sister and me who haven't. We get left out of family doings since they joined. Apparently i have the seven devils in me. Could explain why i play guitar a bit. But also i'm verry lost according to them.

The Atheist I am:
This might be hard for some of you to believe, but i've never believed in anything. When I was younger, it did make me feel lonly at times and even tried to believe in a god, but i just could'nt. Cause all i though was: If he's real, the easter bunny is real, Snt. Nicolaas is real and Peter Pan is real. I have had these thought for as long as i can remember. Don't get me wrong, i did like the stories, but never thought they were possible.
Now, it could be i'm to thick to believe. I'm not highly educated and don't really like reading to much. Altough i did read Richard Dawking book "The God Delusion" wich i did not finish. I read about 3/4 and though, well thats nice for you Mr. Richard. I though it was a bit imposing and a bit to much info for me. For me it's a lot more simplistic.
I can remeber a bit about him saying that Atiests should stand up more and let more people know that your an Atheist. I'm not that cind of an Atheist. I wish everyone would just mind their own bloody business, even Athiests. I would be embaressed if Atheists went knocking on doors and shit like that. Plus the fact that if we would let everyone know that you are an Atheist, you would be doing the same thing that pisses me of about religious poeple.

Anyway, I like not knowing everything. I like knowing what i need to know. Wich doen't include the meaning of live. I like the idea of gowing into the ground when i'm dead. I'll desolve into the ground and be fed on by living creatures including plants. So basicly, i'll live forever in a non conscious state wich is good enough for me.
Who knowns that when the sun explodes or implodes and when it oblitorates the Earth my molocules will freeze on a bit of rock, crash into another planet and start new life. Who knows, would be great!
Anyway, thats about it. I do have questions, but ill post these on single new threads.
Thanks for reading if you did manage all the way through.
RE: The cind of Atheist I am.
Welcome aboard
Welcome
Welcome
Families are a pain in the ass in general.

Families in the throes of a jesus cult are far, far, worse.

Welcome.
(September 5, 2012 at 5:01 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Families are a pain in the ass in general.

Families in the throes of a jesus cult are far, far, worse.

Welcome.

Thank you. You made me laugh there. Cause you said families are a pain in the arse especialy those of a jesus cult. If anything it has made it easier. Wouldn't hang out with them if they weren't baptist anyway.
Hi we met, but hello formally,
mums and dads eh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4BTVoksDkg
by the way I am one.
(September 5, 2012 at 5:53 pm)jonb Wrote: Hi we met, but hello formally,
mums and dads eh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4BTVoksDkg
by the way I am one.

Haha thanks for that and hello again. Not much wrong with my mum and dad though, it's more like their mum and dad, brothers and sisters (my aunts and uncles) are fucked and their children too.

Weird thing is, they seem to have more trouble coping with life I do.
Hiya and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5