Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 10:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talking Snakes, Virgins Bear Children and Dead Men Walk
Talking Snakes, Virgins Bear Children and Dead Men Walk
Hi there Christians,

1. How has this never occureed again?
Because it's not possible nor true?

2. How do you get into a mental condition to actually believe things like this?
At the age you are now and being old enough to understand this forum, you must have some sence of something not being quite right... right?

3. Last but not least. Why are you on this forum? (Genuin question, as i've said many times before, I do not try to offend/upset any of you).
It's just that i'm quite amazed at how many of you are here. Personaly, I would never sign up on a Christian forum, simply because to me it's a load of sheit and a waste of time, plus i've very much made up my mind.
And I know many Christians that think the same about Atheism. And thats just fine. So why are you here?
I'm just putting it out there because I really don't understand. I will try though, because I know you're not all bad ofcourse. I'm just curious.
RE: Talking Snakes, Virgins Bear Children and Dead Men Walk
(September 6, 2012 at 5:47 pm)Fryslân Wrote: Hi there Christians,

1. How has this never occureed again?

2. How do you get into a mental condition to actually believe things like this?
At the age you are now and being old enough to understand this forum, you must have some sence of something not being quite right... right?

A lot of Christians today try to say everything in the Old Testament is null and void. I believe the Vatican even said at one point that Adam and Eve probably didn't exist. The New Testament still contains immoral and ridiculous passages, so it makes little difference, other than the abundance of violence in the OT. http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/nt_list.html
Shows around 160 passages in the NT.

I'm not quite sure why they say the OT means nothing now, but Jesus did say: 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.

As for how they are raised into this delusion/religion, it is simply drilled into their head when they are young. It's hard to simply get rid of it. I see that you considered it to be another child's tale, similar to Santa, and that the nonsense would stop when you got older. But many children raised by Christian parents never see any opposing arguments, nor any other worldviews.
[Image: Mv4GC.png]
The true beauty of a self-inquiring sentient universe is lost on those who elect to walk the intellectually vacuous path of comfortable paranoid fantasies.
Thank you for your very well said reply.
You said the old testament is said to be "null and void" to most christians now a days. You think there wil ever be an even newer testament after they think the latest part is ludicrous? Cause thats basicly why they chose to forget the OT. (Wich by the way I think is the best part of the book).

I understand that most Christians don't get a different point of view in their envoirement and that they've been indoctrinated. But I could of easely been that way, but chose not to from a very early age.
So if I haven't mistaken your words, Christians and other believers come here to see things from a different point of view.

The thing i'm having a problem with to understand is, how something so primative is still effecting the whole world and our daily lives. Or should I say infecting. It just blows my mind how fragile the human mind still is.
(September 6, 2012 at 5:47 pm)Fryslân Wrote: 1. How has this never occurred again?

Of course it's not true, but you know what makes it more fun than the Brother's Grimm? The fact that people think it IS true. The Bible should be just another classic fairytale collecting dust in the library. Instead it's the great destroyer of life and nation. It's the scourge of humanity and the primary justification for all things atrocious. In short ... it's awesome!! What other book lets you justify absolutely anything you want?!?

...oh yeah Undecided ... that other identical god-fiction the muslims read.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Yeah you're right haha. Don't think the Pagans knew that some day Thor would make someone in Hollywood very rich and famous.
Can't wait till they do the same with the koran and the bilble. Could make a nice blockbuster.
(September 6, 2012 at 9:46 pm)Fryslân Wrote: Could make a nice blockbuster.

Ever hear of the Passion of the Christ. Yeah, it made millions.

[Image: passiveAgressiveChrist.jpg]
[Image: Evolution.png]

Forgot about Mel Gobsons downfall. The most insignificunt movie i've seen so far. Even the Saw movies had a better storyline then that deluded piece of shit.

How come none of the Christians have answerd to this thread?
You've spoken your mind with silly comments on some of my other theards and loads of other threads on this forum. Why not this one? I'm as much as an minority on this forum as you are being Dutch and all that. Speak up, i'm talking to you right HERE. This topic is specially written for the Christians on this Atheist forum.
I don't mind you commenting on my other threads as long as you answer this one too. Is this topic to direct?
(September 6, 2012 at 8:16 pm)Fryslân Wrote: Thank you for your very well said reply.
You said the old testament is said to be "null and void" to most christians now a days. You think there wil ever be an even newer testament after they think the latest part is ludicrous? Cause thats basicly why they chose to forget the OT. (Wich by the way I think is the best part of the book).

I doubt it. It's possible somebody may find some long lost continuation of the bible or some self-proclaimed prophet will somehow convince the majority of Christians and such that another testament should be written.
[Image: Mv4GC.png]
The true beauty of a self-inquiring sentient universe is lost on those who elect to walk the intellectually vacuous path of comfortable paranoid fantasies.
(September 9, 2012 at 6:03 pm)System of Solace Wrote:
(September 6, 2012 at 8:16 pm)Fryslân Wrote: Thank you for your very well said reply.

I doubt it. It's possible somebody may find some long lost continuation of the bible or some self-proclaimed prophet will somehow convince the majority of Christians and such that another testament should be written.

You mean like Joseph Smith?
Or mohammad?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suffer the little children to come unto me LinuxGal 2 634 August 7, 2023 at 9:48 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Children removed from Jewish sect's jungle compound in Mexico zebo-the-fat 3 628 September 30, 2022 at 5:12 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Can I get an Ah-Men? Foxaèr 10 1803 August 12, 2018 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Did you know the movies God's Not Dead 1 and 2 did well at Box Office? Renug 12 4449 May 30, 2017 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
Wink The Attraction System In MEN & WOMEN Proves God Exists!!! Edward John 69 13350 December 12, 2016 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  The problem of evil/suffering when it comes to children Redbeard The Pink 163 24817 February 26, 2016 at 2:44 am
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  Study: religious children are less generous and more judgmental Aroura 17 4498 November 7, 2015 at 2:42 am
Last Post: GoHalos1993
  Indoctrinating Children in Religion Nope 136 14993 March 21, 2015 at 6:05 pm
Last Post: Vox Populi
  What Happens When Evangelical Virgin Men Get Married? Fidel_Castronaut 54 8136 August 19, 2014 at 7:18 pm
Last Post: Jaysyn
  Should children be violently abused without their permission. Oldm8 86 11230 August 9, 2014 at 10:58 pm
Last Post: Jenny A