Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boris Johnson for President!
Boris Johnson for President!
I want that mayor of London Guy as President.

he has a first rate mind, doesn;t take himself seriously and is exactly middle of the road for US politics. His olympics was the best ever.

kidnap him if need be
RE: Boris Johnson for President!
(September 11, 2012 at 6:22 am)Puddleglum Wrote: I want that mayor of London Guy as President.

he has a first rate mind, doesn;t take himself seriously and is exactly middle of the road for US politics. His olympics was the best ever.

kidnap him if need be

Confusedhock:

Take him. Please. Take him!
[Image: ascent_descent422.jpg]
Tho' Nature, red in tooth and celt
With ravine, shriek'd against his creed

Red Celt's Blog
He's Great and he beat that fuckwit Livingstone who even Labour voters hated.
(September 11, 2012 at 6:37 am)Puddleglum Wrote: He's Great and he beat that fuckwit Livingstone who even Labour voters hated.

Well, if you think that a political leader's most important trait is personality rather than policy... go for it; embrace Boris, for all that he's (not) worth.

Red Celt's Blog
Hes doing a pretty good job in London right now. The most important trait in a leader is the ability to get other people to do what you want. Mangining is about delegation.

I suppose you liked Red Ken, Red Celt.
(September 11, 2012 at 7:28 am)Puddleglum Wrote: Hes doing a pretty good job in London right now.

Citations required.

Oh, and the Olympics weren't organised by him. He wasn't even the mayor when the bid was won.

(September 11, 2012 at 7:28 am)Puddleglum Wrote: I suppose you liked Red Ken, Red Celt.

Oh, come now. Don't be childish.

Red Celt's Blog
(September 11, 2012 at 6:42 am)Red Celt Wrote: Well, if you think that a political leader's most important trait is personality rather than policy... go for it; embrace Boris, for all that he's (not) worth.

There's more to being a leader than policy.

Personality is the defining characteristic of a political leader, so I'd say it's most certainly the most important trait they can have. Any successful politician has a strong personality. You only have to look at history for that. Julius Caesar, Adolf Hitler, George Washington, Winston Churchill, Fidel Castro, Abraham Lincoln etc. Hell they all have very differing policies of that we can be sure, but each one of them was an absolute success politically, and mainly due to the fact they all had titanic personalities.

For better or worse, I see personality as a very important trait, and Boris certainly has it.

I find though that many seek to discredit him as an idiotic buffoon, because he comes across as 'haphazard' shall we say. But he's as intelligent as any other politician we have today. He went to Eton and got a very good education, and unlike other political leaders (ahem David Cameron), he didn't get there because his daddy paid for his tuition fees. He got there because he had a god damn scholarship. That means he was chosen to go there due to his actual achievements. He also had a scholarship for Oxford too might I add (and also became Oxford Union president).

So this guy isn't 'stupid', like some would have you believe. I'd go as far to say he's probably one of the most intelligent British politicians we have. His credentials are certainly as good as any other British politician, so I don't see how people can discredit him in such a way, it just smacks of pure ignorance of the man.

In terms of what he's done for London, well, good and bad. But isn't that like pretty much everything in politics anyway? He's got rid of alcohol use on public transport, improved cycling in the city, drawn up plans for more buildings, introduced minimum space requirements for new homes, he's even personally saved people from muggings (I'm not lying: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8340865.stm)
Quote:London mayor Boris Johnson has rescued a woman who was being attacked by an armed group of young girls, chasing them down the road on his bicycle.

But he's also had to deal with the London riots, the expenses scandals etc.

I simply ask myself whether anyone else could be doing a better job, and it seems a resounding no in my opinion. Look at any opinion poll on the internet and people want Boris to be London Mayor. When it comes to the Olympics and how he handled the riots, he did a fantastic job of bringing people together, and was a brilliant spokesperson. You simply can't deny that.

Say what you like about the man, but he's certainly not worthless
(September 11, 2012 at 10:37 am)Napoléon Wrote: There's more to being a leader than policy.

Personality is the defining characteristic of a political leader, so I'd say it's most certainly the most important trait they can have.

That may be true, but Americans still have a habit of taking that idea to a bad place. It's why we're so willing to elect charismatic idiots over abrasive geniuses.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
[Image: boris-johnson-supreme-leader.png]

(September 11, 2012 at 10:47 am)TaraJo Wrote: That may be true, but Americans still have a habit of taking that idea to a bad place. It's why we're so willing to elect charismatic idiots over abrasive geniuses.

Boris is smarter than the majority of our government.
(September 11, 2012 at 10:47 am)TaraJo Wrote: It's why we're so willing to elect charismatic idiots over abrasive geniuses.

But this is precisely the point I was making.

He's not a charismatic idiot, he's a charismatic genius.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which nonpolitician could be president? Fake Messiah 8 887 January 16, 2023 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Kuchma, the president of Ukraine Interaktive 5 884 June 10, 2022 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Interaktive
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1708 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  has Biden done a good job as president? Drich 400 25049 May 23, 2021 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  President Biden Foxaèr 74 5164 December 6, 2020 at 1:55 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Kanye West 2020 President Raino921 40 2006 August 5, 2020 at 12:16 am
Last Post: Dundee
  President Zelensky and the Withheld Funds Haipule 16 1270 January 27, 2020 at 9:13 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Anyone else ready for our first gay president? Foxaèr 121 8499 May 22, 2019 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Boris for PM? fredd bear 18 1270 April 2, 2019 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Listening to President Trump's Press Conference onlinebiker 12 1503 November 8, 2018 at 10:36 am
Last Post: onlinebiker