Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 2:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gullibility - a key to heaven?
Gullibility - a key to heaven?
Although it can be argued that not all believers in Christianity and Islam are gullible, it can be argued that it's all that is required to accept Christianity and Islam or that it can be the primary factor (along with bias).

What I mean by that, is that since believers are promised paradise, many believers can be gullible people. It cannot be argued that every single believer has not believed out of gullibility.

But then if gullibility can lead to belief, then why is belief always praised?
RE: Gullibility - a key to heaven?
(September 13, 2012 at 3:23 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Although it can be argued that not all believers in Christianity and Islam are gullible, it can be argued that it's all that is required to accept Christianity and Islam or that it can be the primary factor (along with bias).

What I mean by that, is that since believers are promised paradise, many believers can be gullible people. It cannot be argued that every single believer has not believed out of gullibility.

But then if gullibility can lead to belief, then why is belief always praised?

To better promote gullibility.

Any long lasting fraud must promote the key to its own success.
Quote:But then if gullibility can lead to belief, then why is belief always praised?

Because, if the idea is control, gullibility among the masses is to be promoted as a virtue, as long as that gullibility does not extend to any opposing system of belief or non-belief.
Quote:why is belief always praised?

Belief is only praised by "believers."

I think they are idiots.
(September 13, 2012 at 3:42 pm)Ryantology Wrote:
Quote:But then if gullibility can lead to belief, then why is belief always praised?

Because, if the idea is control, gullibility among the masses is to be promoted as a virtue, as long as that gullibility does not extend to any opposing system of belief or non-belief.

The above bold is by me, what control, by whom and for what purpose. This control stuff comes up all the time, I think it's time someone explained what is meant by it, or if you all are just repeating something you've heard. I've been a part of the Church for a long time and I do not know of any control going on.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(September 13, 2012 at 11:31 pm)Godschild Wrote: The above bold is by me, what control, by whom and for what purpose.

Social control, by those in power and to retain the power.

(September 13, 2012 at 11:31 pm)Godschild Wrote: This control stuff comes up all the time, I think it's time someone explained what is meant by it, or if you all are just repeating something you've heard. I've been a part of the Church for a long time and I do not know of any control going on.

Yeah, right. Like you didn't vote for a candidate who was pro-life, anti-gay rights, pro-death penalty and pro-teaching-creationism - basically the guy who wanted to bring "god back in the government".
(September 13, 2012 at 11:31 pm)Godschild Wrote: The above bold is by me, what control, by whom and for what purpose. This control stuff comes up all the time, I think it's time someone explained what is meant by it, or if you all are just repeating something you've heard. I've been a part of the Church for a long time and I do not know of any control going on.

By whomever wants to be in power enough to terrorize others into compliance with superstitious nonsense. It's not just one person and these people don't agree on the details, which is why there are countless sects and denominations and such.

I'm not surprised you don't notice it; the sheep worship the shepherd but can't be expected to understand his purpose.
(September 13, 2012 at 11:44 pm)Ryantology Wrote:
(September 13, 2012 at 11:31 pm)Godschild Wrote: The above bold is by me, what control, by whom and for what purpose. This control stuff comes up all the time, I think it's time someone explained what is meant by it, or if you all are just repeating something you've heard. I've been a part of the Church for a long time and I do not know of any control going on.

By whomever wants to be in power enough to terrorize others into compliance with superstitious nonsense. It's not just one person and these people don't agree on the details, which is why there are countless sects and denominations and such.

I'm not surprised you don't notice it; the sheep worship the shepherd but can't be expected to understand his purpose.

Our shepherd is Christ and He made it perfectly clear what His purpose is.
Man has no control over the people of the Southern Baptist Church, and if you believe differently then please give me some proof.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
In every church that I have been to the same thing is always true people will believe whatever the pastor says no matter how wrong. At my friends church his pastor told him atheism is a religion because were share a common belief. He then proceeded to explain why it was true but it sounded pretty retarded and he wasn't about to change his mind.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
(September 14, 2012 at 12:37 am)Godschild Wrote: Man has no control over the people of the Southern Baptist Church, and if you believe differently then please give me some proof.

Already did. Can you tell me who you voted for in last election? Or better still, who are you gonna vote for?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Mandate of Heaven atheisthunt 22 3288 February 11, 2020 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
Thumbs Up Alzheimers in heaven. onlinebiker 73 7931 October 28, 2019 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Ways to Get Into Heaven! Or Whatever You Believe in! Jade-Green Stone 14 2499 January 24, 2019 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler
  Apparitions from heaven??? Jehanne 217 21016 November 4, 2016 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Hell and heaven purplepurpose 14 2755 August 23, 2016 at 9:21 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
Question Heaven seems awful 2 me-"Theist laughs at loudly & with great cruelty" fruyian 141 16140 May 18, 2016 at 4:31 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Eureka! Hubble Space TTelescope Finds Heaven Rhondazvous 56 9916 January 21, 2016 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: MTL
  Heaven would be good Amine 41 8195 December 12, 2015 at 12:52 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Where is heaven located? Also, why does God care about homo sapiens? MentalGiant 61 14207 September 19, 2015 at 11:06 pm
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb
  So you want to go to heaven dyresand 42 7141 April 14, 2015 at 8:16 am
Last Post: dyresand