Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 2:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The usual introductions
The usual introductions
I'm Grazer and I've been a Christian for just over 3 years. Main interests are science & religion and the historical evidence for the new testament. When I'm not looking at these I'm playing darts and about to start training for the 3 peaks challenge I'm hoping to do next year.

Will be here periodically but any questions please ask Smile
RE: The usual introductions
Hi, and welcome!

What is it exactly you're hoping to get from this forum?
And what were you before those three years?

Hope you'll find what you're looking for!
Welcome to dah forums. Big Grin
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Re: RE: The usual introductions
(September 14, 2012 at 5:05 am)Fryslân Wrote: Hi, and welcome!

What is it exactly you're hoping to get from this forum?
And what were you before those three years?

Hope you'll find what you're looking for!

I'm looking to see and understand more about why people believe what they do. Before I was a Christian, I considered myself as an atheist.
Hi and welcome!

(September 14, 2012 at 5:15 am)Grazer501 Wrote: I'm looking to see and understand more about why people believe what they do.

We believe what we do in sight of the evidence provided.

(September 14, 2012 at 5:15 am)Grazer501 Wrote: Before I was a Christian, I considered myself as an atheist.

What made you change your mind?
Welcome

What is the evidence towards believing god?
Hiya and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome!
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
Howdy!
Cunt
Re: RE: The usual introductions
(September 14, 2012 at 5:55 am)Dumac Dwarfking Wrote: Hi and welcome!

(September 14, 2012 at 5:15 am)Grazer501 Wrote: I'm looking to see and understand more about why people believe what they do.

We believe what we do in sight of the evidence provided.

(September 14, 2012 at 5:15 am)Grazer501 Wrote: Before I was a Christian, I considered myself as an atheist.

What made you change your mind?

It was a number of things that slowly built up over time;

Inference/evidence of design, historical evidence for Jesus's existence and resurrection, my own experiences at the time and the testimonies of the Christians I had met.

It was enough for me to get started. It wasn't enough for it to be useful or simply believing it because it sounded great. There had to be evidence and like you've said, I believe in sight of that evidence. Since then I've continued to look at the evidence.

That's just a brief overview Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introductions Asmodee 21 2566 November 23, 2014 at 4:57 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  I'm not good at introductions, or naming threads, for that matter. ReGen 40 5647 July 31, 2014 at 1:28 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Video Introductions (from the crapper) Mudhammam 17 2956 March 27, 2014 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: No_God
  Introductions and such :) lordxenu 22 4069 April 25, 2013 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Introductions Avicenna 20 3803 January 6, 2013 at 11:59 am
Last Post: Violet
  Introductions FemmeRealism 11 3331 November 9, 2012 at 6:32 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Introductions Dumac Dwarfking 10 4484 September 8, 2012 at 9:21 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
Wink Introductions picto90 11 3861 February 29, 2012 at 9:38 am
Last Post: picto90