Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suffering
Suffering
How can God exist if there is so much evil in the world?

<snip>

What do you guys thinks?
RE: Suffering
I think you should introduce yourself before posting links. Especially to blogs that throw the word "proof" around, without any consideration as to what is "proof".

I think that saying because there is evil in the world, it proves the existence of a god is a pretty horrible argument. Even if it did prove the existence of a deity, whose deity? Yours? Prove it.

But first, you should gain a comprehensive understanding of what solid proof would actually be, and then you'd have to prove that any deities exist.

[Image: 1933%20-%20anime%20facepalm%20stairs.jpg]
Cunt
(September 16, 2012 at 7:44 pm)aleialoura Wrote: I think you should introduce yourself before posting links. Especially to blogs that throw the word "proof" around, without any consideration as to what is "proof".

I think that saying because there is evil in the world, it proves the existence of a god is a pretty horrible argument. Even if it did prove the existence of a deity, whose deity? Yours? Prove it.

But first, you should gain a comprehensive understanding of what solid proof would actually be, and then you'd have to prove that any deities exist.

Sorry about that.

My name is Jeff and I enjoy discussing theism. Also you are correct, "proof" in that blog is used loosely. Proof impies coercive evidence, like a formula.

Good call.
Suffering is a result of our own selfish ambition.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(September 16, 2012 at 7:30 pm)Reasonable_Jeff Wrote: How can God exist if there is so much evil in the world?

http://morethanmorality.blogspot.com/201...-evil.html

What do you guys thinks?
You're posting Craig? Really??
Sum ergo sum
We had a good discussion on the issue here: http://atheistforums.org/thread-13891.html

He, I forgot whom I debated with. I thought it was Simon Moon. It was Skepsis.
Name one objective evil, moral. "Truly evil" does not make it objective evil.
(September 16, 2012 at 7:30 pm)Reasonable_Jeff Wrote: How can God exist if there is so much evil in the world?

http://morethanmorality.blogspot.com/201...-evil.html

What do you guys thinks?

I would want to know why an atheist parent would bring a child into this world knowing that suffering exists.
(September 17, 2012 at 1:57 am)Lion IRC Wrote: I would want to know why an atheist parent would bring a child into this world knowing that suffering exists.

Because nice things exist too. Yes we all suffer but overall I've certainly enjoyed my life so far. Big Grin

Maybe reverse the question why do religious people want children when there is the risk they may end up going to hell by not following the correct religion in the correct way?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The problem of evil/suffering when it comes to children Redbeard The Pink 163 24823 February 26, 2016 at 2:44 am
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  Theological Breakthrough: Problem of Suffering Refuted, Permanently SavedByChrist94 27 10099 December 31, 2012 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: median
  Woman suffering miscarriage denied abortion and dies of blood poisoning in Ireland LarissaAnn 20 10220 November 15, 2012 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat