Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't think of a good name for this thread, so...
I can't think of a good name for this thread, so...
Uh...hi.

I've recently become curious about atheism, and as I am now in college, I can research it online on my laptop without anyone knowing. I looked at a number of atheist sites before coming here and decided that I liked this one best. I've been perusing the forum as a guest for a couple weeks, and decided that I wanted to contribute. I hope that I can post semi-regularly, but the posts will come as my schedule permits. I'll post my conversion story seperately in convert's corner.
P.S. If the black scleras weren't a dead giveaway, my avatar is not a self-portrait. I'm not really an artist, I envy them. That picture took me two or three hours to draw...
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
RE: I can't think of a good name for this thread, so...
Welcome aboard, Darkstar. Is that a reference to the John Carpenter sci-fi classic and one of my favourote films, by any chance?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Greetings, friend.
(September 18, 2012 at 11:49 am)Stimbo Wrote: Welcome aboard, Darkstar. Is that a reference to the John Carpenter sci-fi classic and one of my favourote films, by any chance?

Sorry, but it isn't. I haven't seen that movie. Apparently there is a skateboard company called Darkstar, as well, but I'm not based off of them either.
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
Good choice of name, whatever the inspiration.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Hi and welcome to AF! ^_^

I really like your avatar, so good job Smile
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkoPq5AOCOA

Don't say you haven't been warned.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(September 18, 2012 at 12:46 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: Hi and welcome to AF! ^_^

I really like your avatar, so good job Smile

Well, I try. Thank you! Big Grin
Oooh, BTW I just stalked your page (sorry! Big Grin), which anime/manga do you watch/read are and which RPG do you play?
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome Big Grin
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My name is Earl Carl Hickey 23 2571 June 4, 2023 at 12:58 am
Last Post: Carl Hickey
  Hello Everybody My Name Is JAG JAG 15 2068 October 2, 2020 at 8:37 am
Last Post: GUBU
  An atheist who legally changed name to God GodBennett 7 825 July 4, 2020 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Hey guys. Name is Tara Tarasoft11 53 5054 September 5, 2016 at 11:04 am
Last Post: c172
  Hi, my name is "withheld" and I am an atheist RationalAtheist 68 7258 October 28, 2015 at 2:55 am
Last Post: Losty
  My name is Pizza Smeetcha Pizza_Smeetcha 10 2584 October 26, 2015 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello there - My name is Max max-greece 22 3293 June 9, 2013 at 4:29 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Good morning, and in case I don't see ya: Good afternoon, good evening, and good night! Kirbmarc 16 5564 October 29, 2012 at 4:05 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  I am Awesome! (It is in my name.) CapnAwesome 21 6008 September 27, 2012 at 5:18 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  New to Forum - Hello! My Name is Tino Tino 20 4679 September 14, 2012 at 1:26 am
Last Post: JohnDG