Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 7:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More religious fuckwittery
This time faith healers.

http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2012/09/19/t...-hospital/

They didn't even get jailed.

What a joke the American justice system is.

This sort of shit makes me so ANGRY!
You are currently experiencing a lucky and very brief window of awareness, sandwiched in between two periods of timeless and utter nothingness. So why not make the most of it, and stop wasting your life away trying to convince other people that there is something else? The reality is obvious.

RE: More religious fuckwittery
"religious fuckwittery"

US Dept. of Redundancy Dept. calling to confirm usage of said phrase is in accordance with all applicable regulations.........
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Quote:Austin's father, Anthony, died in 2007 of sepsis, after he refused to seek treatment for an infected injury to his leg.

Quote:At the time of Austin's death, his uncle Shawn Sprout, defended the congregation's practice of faith healing. "We trust in God for everything. We trusted him to take care of our illnesses and heal us," he said.

Two have died because they put faith in prayer. This is perhaps the worst case of blind faith that I have ever seen. Who wants to bet that the third time isn't the charm?
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
Thankfully some jurisdictions have disallowed a "defense of faith" in some cases (notably involving children).
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
It's fine with me if they don't seek treatment for themselves, but I draw the line at refusing to treat their kids :-( At the very least isn't it considered manslaughter?? Even cases of neglect don't end with the child's death. Just wrong... And what do they say to their other kids (assuming they have other kids), "Sorry Timmy, Jesus really wanted to call your brother home." Just sick.
Quote:At the time of Austin's death, his uncle Shawn Sprout, defended the congregation's practice of faith healing. "We trust in God for everything. We trusted him to take care of our illnesses and heal us," he said.

Yes, they are fuckwits.

Unfortunately, and far more importantly, so is the idiot prosecutor who allowed such an asinine plea bargain.

Toss these two motherfuckers in the slammer for 20 years and they can call upon jesus every night while they are getting it up the ass. That might have cured them.
(September 19, 2012 at 5:16 pm)Norfolk And Chance Wrote: This time faith healers.

http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2012/09/19/t...-hospital/

They didn't even get jailed.

What a joke the American justice system is.

This sort of shit makes me so ANGRY!

And? We have assisted suicide gaining traction in America. I think that outweighs any of your misgivings about faith healing.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(September 19, 2012 at 9:48 pm)Polaris Wrote: And? We have assisted suicide gaining traction in America. I think that outweighs any of your misgivings about faith healing.

It is not a god you are devoted to it is suffering!
Even if your post's intention was just to defend one side of an argument it is sickening.
Quote:We have assisted suicide gaining traction in America.

So, let me get this straight. You are equating the desire for the terminally ill to avoid needless suffering with the death of a child because his fuckheaded parents thought their invisible sky-daddy would save him if they only asked hard enough?

jonb's got a point about you.
(September 19, 2012 at 9:48 pm)Polaris Wrote: And? We have assisted suicide gaining traction in America. I think that outweighs any of your misgivings about faith healing.

You are truly deluded. Suicide is a personal choice, withholding proper medical care is murder.

[Image: 869_zpse77cf7f4.jpg]
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Yet more religious based nuttery Norfolk And Chance 33 6245 November 14, 2012 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Gooders1002