Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.F.O.'s and atheists.
U.F.O.'s and atheists.
In my life, I have seen several strange things in the sky. On three of those occasions, there was absolutely no doubt that what I saw were real ufo's. Which were most likely from another planet. So seeing how I at least know that they exist, the question is why don't they make open contact with us. No doubt you could come up with some reasons of your own. Though I have a good reason for you.
But first, I would like to say that this reason partially comes from a free e-book that I've written. Though I'm not asking you to read it. It is called,<snip> It can be found by entering the title into your web browser. Should you be crazy enough to read it. One of the things I talk about in it concerns overpopulation. One question concerning this if the future of mankind should be left to those who care little enough about the lives of their children to bring them into such a screwed up world. Or those who aren't concerned with their children being little more than slaves.
Also, a person named C. M. Kornbluth wrote a short story called, "The Marching Morons." I think it is where they got the idea for the movie, "Idocracy." (I'm not sure if I spelled that right) But apart from overpopulation, I do think that de-evolution is a concern. This isn't a very pleasant topic. Is it. Well it get's worse. Let's say that we did something to control overpopulation. Who would get to breed. The rich and powerful? Well that isn't a very good base in which to institute eugenics. And then, which race-species of human will get to breed. These and many other uncomfortable topics are covered in my book.
Though as for aliens, it is very unlikely that they got where they are by being politically correct. Just imagine if they did come down and openly interacted with us. You could imagine all of the hatred they would endure from big business, religious groups and others. I would have to imagine that aliens are sane. Most likely much more sane than we are. But they would have to be insane to get involved with the self centered train wreck of humanity. Where it seems our main goal is to breed like bacteria in a petri dish. No matter what. It is such a shame.
RE: U.F.O.'s and atheists.
Your theory has several problems.

Have you forgotten that the free masons turn on the egyptian pyramids every 10,000 years to reduce the world population when it reaches critical limits? Contrails are keeping the population under control anyways.

The UFOs are only there to distract us from finding the living Elvis who's hiding along with Andy Kaufman in the city of Atlantis. Once we find Elvis and Kaufman, we can end the tyranny of the free masons.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
OP thank God you have come, I have been forced to spend my time with these people waiting for your fabled appearance to take me an my lizard friends away from this lowly existance.
You left out Xenu there, tegh. He's going to return to Teegeack (Earth) from his 75 million year mountain imprisonment on Niknakpaddiwack so he can get together with Elvis, Kaufman and John Lennon to form the world's greatest supergroup. Then, while everyone is distracted by downloading all the amazing new hits, thus clogging up the internet and putting Twitter out of action, the CIA, NIA, and other letters will move in and dominate the international Scrabble championships. I'm telling you, the survivors will envy the dead.

I've just been dredging through your ebook, loyd. The word that springs to mind is 'interesting'; though points deducted for "Shakspere". Wot, no spell-checker?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
UFOs sometimes exist...they're usually government related.

Aliens visiting Earth? There is more a possibility of all gods ever worshiped being real.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
Or any of them, in fact.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Have we got ourselves another Joseph Smith?

ROFLOL
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
I find I have to agree with Aron about aliens not being politically correct because I know from first hand experience. No, really.
They took me onto their home planet for a three years.
They weren't particularly interested in testing me. They just kept making me do auditions until eventually they starred me as the token human in "Wassup Glornek?", a popular saplings program in which saplings would take it in turns to go up on stage and talk to Glornek, a magical space spatula wielded by Quine who played the role as a sort of sapling entertainer/ventriloquist.
After that went downhill thanks to Quine having a scandal in which he was accused by various vugonauts to have molested their saplings. Couldn't find much work after that so I hitched a ride back.

Oh wait... no... no that might of been an acid trip taking inspiration from the career of Timmy Mallet and a particularly fucked up episode of star trek.
Yeah, nevermind.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
Quote:there was absolutely no doubt that what I saw were real ufo's. Which were most likely from another planet.

A UFO is, by definition an unidentified flying object. Technically, a 747 is a UFO until it gets close enough to be identified as a 747 at which point it is no longer "unidentified."

So, when you say they were "real ufo's" you are apparently suggesting that you identified them thus turning your ufo's into ifo's.

As far as your assertion that they came from another planet, it is far more likely that they came from a major airport.

Study up on the concept known as confirmation bias. It will help you.
Actually, by saying he saw "real UFOs", it could be interpreted as he saw real objects which were unidentified - rather like my "genuine anecdote" bit. Sadly, in this case as in so many others, he immediately goes on to 'identify' them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If atheists treated Christians like many Christians treat atheists... StealthySkeptic 24 10992 August 25, 2014 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: Darkstar