Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello :)
Hello :)
Hello everyone!
Recently, an atheist billboard cause quite a stir in my hometown and I really enjoyed expressing my opinions & hearing everyone else's via Facebook. I'm seeking to have similar discussions with a wider variety of people and I am really looking forward to hearing your thoughts Smile
RE: Hello :)
Welcome to the party.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Welcome to our forum.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
I like those billboards.

They annoy the piss out of jesus freaks.

Welcome.
(September 22, 2012 at 3:29 pm)AtheistAmes Wrote: Hello everyone!
Recently, an atheist billboard cause quite a stir in my hometown and I really enjoyed expressing my opinions & hearing everyone else's via Facebook. I'm seeking to have similar discussions with a wider variety of people and I am really looking forward to hearing your thoughts Smile

Son of a bitch, another atheist billboard? What is this world comming to, it's senses? Why wont you people just leave the myth lovers alone? What harm has religion done, besides the Dark Ages and 9/11?

Welcome, and be sure to pick up your complementary barbecue kitten cook book at the door.
Wilkommen.
Howdy!
Cunt
Hello Smile
Welcome. What did the billboard say? How did the town react?
[Image: generic_sig.jpg]
(September 22, 2012 at 5:52 pm)Tino Wrote: Welcome. What did the billboard say? How did the town react?

It is a simple "Don't believe in God? Join the club". Here's a link:
http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/atheism?before=1347930906

Many, many believers in the community spoke out about how offensive (?!) this was. A Christian billboard stating that "Homosexuality is an abomination" and "Abortion is murder" was taken down a while ago, and many are upset that the atheist billboard is allowed when theirs was taken down.

http://www.lex18.com/news/another-contro...-lexington

I've mostly been keeping up with posts on facebook, if you're interested.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1...=1&theater

It's been great to feel like I've had a voice, especially when there are others in the community who see things the same way I do!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5941 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3621 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates