Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 8, 2024, 10:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Believing in God enough to enter paradise?
Believing in God enough to enter paradise?

According to this verse, all one must do is believe in God and do good to enter paradise. However many verses show you cannot disbelieve in God's guidance (ie. his Messengers/revelations/books/Guides).

It's also possible to believe in God and associate with him per this verse:

And other verses show polytheists believed in God as well.

Now the contradiction is

1) You can believe in God and deny Islam/Quran/his revelations.
2) You can believe in God and still worship others.

Per the verse 64:9 if you do either of these, and you do good, you will enter paradise.

Per other verse, you will be in hell.

This is a clear contradiction.
RE: Believing in God enough to enter paradise?
Apparently this issue can be solved if you say disbelievers are incapable of doing good. Very cold, I know, but yes I heard it from a Muslim that says this is the Quranic stance. :S
(September 30, 2012 at 2:22 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Apparently this issue can be solved if you say disbelievers are incapable of doing good. Very cold, I know, but yes I heard it from a Muslim that says this is the Quranic stance. :S

Which is why there are all of the negative stereotypes about atheists.
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
(September 30, 2012 at 2:22 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Apparently this issue can be solved if you say disbelievers are incapable of doing good. Very cold, I know, but yes I heard it from a Muslim that says this is the Quranic stance. :S

If a Muslim does a good thing, and then a disbeliever does the exact same thing, has the disbeliever done a good thing?
[Image: generic_sig.jpg]
(September 30, 2012 at 5:06 pm)Tino Wrote:

If a Muslim does a good thing, and then a disbeliever does the exact same thing, has the disbeliever done a good thing?

That's a good question. I'm gonna ask it.
If there is a god (dubious), there is no reason that it ought to value belief in it, that's purely ridiculous. This issue comes up a lot with Blaise Pascal's theological wager and it has been shown many times that God does not necessarily value belief. Moral behaviour is more likely to end with you in your desired fictitious paradise.
Religion is an attempt to answer the philosophical questions of the unphilosophical man.
(September 30, 2012 at 5:48 pm)liam Wrote: If there is a god (dubious), there is no reason that it ought to value belief in it, that's purely ridiculous. This issue comes up a lot with Blaise Pascal's theological wager and it has been shown many times that God does not necessarily value belief.

The god described in the bible apparently has low self-esteem.
[Image: generic_sig.jpg]
In Islam, you have to go to Hell first to burn out the sinful desires but I believe it is only temporary unlike the Christian understanding.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(September 30, 2012 at 10:05 pm)Polaris Wrote: In Islam, you have to go to Hell first to burn out the sinful desires but I believe it is only temporary unlike the Christian understanding.

It's not temporary. There is many verses that show it's eternal. For example:

There is in fact many verses. "have no share in the hereafater" "will have nothing in the hereafter but the fire" "every time they wish to get out of it, they will be returned to it" "the abiding chatisement lasting in forever" "the punishment shall never be decreased upon them" "every time the punishment is allayed to them, we will increase them in punishment"....
Don't "believe" in god, already live in paradise.

But thanks for asking
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Materialististic lives over paradise? Sleepy 45 8828 December 15, 2013 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Jacob(smooth)
  What are you bigest reasones for not believing in the Quran only? Pel 55 16539 December 29, 2011 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Enter the Koran contest, and win an AK-47! leo-rcc 30 9931 October 13, 2011 at 6:08 am
Last Post: leo-rcc