Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello. Am I the only german here?
Hello. Am I the only german here?
Hello, i have registered to this forum after simply googleing "atheism" and klicking the first thing that turned up. I have been a atheist for a very long time of my life, pritty much having a catholic mum and anglican father made me dought at an early stage why there should be so many versions of the same thing - and in conclusion why such a thing as god/s should exist after all.
being atheist or agnostic in germany is a very common thing, we are not brandmarked or discriminated and are actualy a rather large comunity, being atheist or agnostic will not stand in the way of any job or other social possition, in fact the current austrian president is a agnostic.
on the other hand i find it very hard to debate religion or atheism with fellow german atheists or agnostics, since there is hardly any religious fundermentalism here and we are generaly accepted as a member of sociaty no one realy seems to debate the subjects.
it would be nice to meet fellow members of the german community here, aswell as i would be delighted to debate with americans or british people.
RE: Hello. Am I the only german here?
Have a nice welcome all the way from Scotland:

Welcome.
Cunt
Kilic, a Turkish member, spent time in Germany, and I think he's fluent too.

Welcome from Great Britain.
Hi. I'm from the bible belt in America. I wish I had your problem! Everywhere I turn there is religious bullshit being jammed down my esophagus. I'm planning my escape.

Welcome.

Hello, and welcome to the forum. I live just north of the bible belt. I don't see a whole lot of conspicuous displays of religiousity where I live, but maybe I'm not looking hard enough...
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
Hello from Arizona....home of the dumbest politicians in the US.
"Have a nice welcome all the way from Scotland:
Welcome. "

Hello, Franky Boyle is a person I have attributed to be the most typical scot there can be. Wink

"Welcome from Great Britain."

thanks a lot i will see to find kilic

"Hi. I'm from the bible belt in America. I wish I had your problem! Everywhere I turn there is religious bullshit being jammed down my esophagus. I'm planning my escape."

hi, one could call catholic austria, baden würtenberg and bavaria ther bible belt of the german world. it seems to be pritty common in europe that the more catholic a nation gets the dumber the sociaty is. but it is absolutly not comparable with the nonsence i sometimes here from places like texas, alabama or mississipi.

"Hello, and welcome to the forum. I live just north of the bible belt. I don't see a whole lot of conspicuous displays of religiousity where I live, but maybe I'm not looking hard enough"

hi, or maybe just like in my case religiousity or nonreligiousity isn`t seen as a importent factor

"Hello from Arizona....home of the dumbest politicians in the US."

hello.
well mc cain looks like a genius if you compare him to michele bachman, rick santorum, rick perry or romney
Oh yeah. The idiocy in the southeastern United States is unparalleled. The bonus: Most of the time, I feel like a fucking genius.

Quote:well mc cain looks like a genius

That's because you don't know him.

His solution to every problem is to drop bombs on it....unless they can shoot back.
(September 25, 2012 at 6:06 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: Kilic, a Turkish member, spent time in Germany, and I think he's fluent too.

I feel so very sorry for this new member right now.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The only reason I became Mormon was because I snuck a taste of "Funeral Potatoes!" 😁 HankMoody316 10 1717 November 8, 2022 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  New here - hello! Orbit 16 1584 May 31, 2022 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Hello... I'm New Here ABQ505 17 1588 November 18, 2021 at 11:15 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Hello, I'm new here NecroTzar 20 2115 October 28, 2021 at 10:16 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  New here...just sayin' Hello. Frank Apisa 15 1761 June 27, 2021 at 6:52 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Hello, I'm new here. FredTheLobster 15 1491 May 10, 2021 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Am I the only one who feels this way seylee 132 14622 May 15, 2020 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Hello Christian here! Posting4Jesus24 19 2311 March 25, 2020 at 6:51 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  [Serious] Hello there! Fellow atheist here! ThinkingIsThinking 48 5012 December 18, 2019 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Hello - I am a New Member Here CDF47 23 3719 May 21, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Jehanne