Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:31 pm

Poll: Regarding a child's developing sexuality ...
This poll is closed.
I don't care about this issue at all.
6.67%
1 6.67%
Homosexuals should not have the same Civil Rights as "regular" folk.
0%
0 0%
God doesn't like wierd sex, and I'm not signing anything that has to do with homos.
0%
0 0%
I couldn't sign this petition fast enough! Live & Let Live!
93.33%
14 93.33%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Live & Let Live. Sign This.
Live & Let Live. Sign This.
I think this is important ...

Quote:Tell Gov. Brown to ban psychological abuse of LGBT youth

[Image: 11914.jpg]
Do something useful ... CLICK and sign this petition.

Tell others.
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: Live & Let Live. Sign This.
Signed!!

(September 25, 2012 at 8:47 pm)aleialoura Wrote: Signed!!
Live and let live?

Will you sign my petition to stop abortion?
(September 25, 2012 at 11:53 pm)Blackrook Wrote:
Live and let live?

...no. I presume this means you think it is a sin to be homosexual (something strongly influenced by genetics) while you openly claim to commit a 'mortal sin'.
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
Isn't Jerry Brown (D) the same asshole that was governor of the great state of California in the late seventies?????? How fucking progressive.

I thought only the Daleks, Cybermen, Soltarens, Weeping Angels, the Oods and other such Doctor Who monsters could inflict such pain over time.
(September 25, 2012 at 11:53 pm)Blackrook Wrote:
Live and let live?

No, because I'm pro choice. Women's lives are important to me.

Oh! and go fuck yourself... again.. sinner.

(September 25, 2012 at 11:55 pm)Darkstar Wrote:
(September 25, 2012 at 11:53 pm)Blackrook Wrote: Live and let live?

...no. I presume this means you think it is a sin to be homosexual (something strongly influenced by genetics) while you openly claim to commit a 'mortal sin'.
Well, I am genetically disposed to murder people who piss me off. Our cavemen ancestors did it all the time.
(September 26, 2012 at 12:21 am)Blackrook Wrote:
(September 25, 2012 at 11:55 pm)Darkstar Wrote: ...no. I presume this means you think it is a sin to be homosexual (something strongly influenced by genetics) while you openly claim to commit a 'mortal sin'.
Well, I am genetically disposed to murder people who piss me off. Our cavemen ancestors did it all the time.

I highly doubt that, otherwise we would be extinct.
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
Jerry Brown is MY governor. I am Californian.

Here's the opening blurb from the petition site:
Quote:One of the most damaging things a young LGBT person can hear is that there's something wrong with them and they needed to be "fixed."

A bill sitting on California Governor Jerry Brown's desk right now would prohibit people from harming youth by attempting to change their sexual orientation. Now we need a nationwide call – and your help – to ask Gov. Brown to sign it.

According to a report HRC issued earlier this summer, 89 percent of LGBT youth in the state report hearing negative things about being LGBT – with nearly a third hearing them from elected officials.

But this first-of-its-kind law wouldn't just help young people in California – it would send a powerful message to the nation that young LGBT people are perfect the way they are. Join HRC in calling on Governor Brown to sign SB 1172.
REF: https://secure3.convio.net/hrc/site/Advo...on&id=1493

The blurb to the actual bill:
Quote:SB 1172, Lieu. Sexual orientation change efforts.
Existing law provides for licensing and regulation of various professions in the healing arts, including physicians and surgeons, psychologists, marriage and family therapists, educational psychologists, clinical social workers, and licensed professional clinical counselors.
This bill would prohibit a mental health provider, as defined, from engaging in sexual orientation change efforts, as defined, with a patient under 18 years of age. The bill would provide that any sexual orientation change efforts attempted on a patient under 18 years of age by a mental health provider shall be considered unprofessional conduct and shall subject the provider to discipline by the provider’s licensing entity.
REF: http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/...0120SB1172

Analysis:
The paragraph for the drive to "urge" Gov Brown to sign it is misleading. Although the resolutions described therein of the legislation does state, in layman terms, it is "ok" to be gay, the actual binding portions have to do with mental health care (IE gay->straight "therapies") for underage children.

Further research would not retrieve information on Gov Brown's opinions one way or the other.

As such, Cato123's disparaging tone is unwarranted and deserving of the term 'asshole'.

Furthermore, the intonation of the petition may imply that Gov Brown is acting against SB-1172. That is not the case and lacks evidence thereof.

Henceforth negative comments on Gov Brown with respect to SB-1172 are unwarranted as of 9/25/2012.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(September 26, 2012 at 12:20 am)aleialoura Wrote:
(September 25, 2012 at 11:53 pm)Blackrook Wrote: Live and let live?

No, because I'm pro choice. Women's lives are important to me.

Oh! and go fuck yourself... again.. sinner.
Well, don't say live and let live if you're in favor of abortion. It makes you a hypocrite.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Let's talk Parental Leave Cecelia 10 994 October 17, 2021 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Let’s take their guns BrokenQuill92 141 9333 November 22, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Let's fill Biden's cabinet. Gawdzilla Sama 54 3948 November 9, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Let's give the orange turd a nobel prize. ignoramus 15 1197 September 25, 2019 at 10:17 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Going to a Protest and I Need Sign Ideas Seraphina 8 760 June 26, 2018 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Hey Fuckface- When It Reaches Ken Starr Territory You Can Let Us Know Minimalist 0 378 May 15, 2018 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Yeah, yeah. Don't Let The Door Hit You In The Ass On The Way Out Minimalist 0 623 March 31, 2018 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Saudi Arabia: how did the U.K agree to sign weapon deals with it? WinterHold 6 1082 March 12, 2018 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  So let me get this straight about GOP Healthcare reform NuclearEnergy 4 887 July 18, 2017 at 3:08 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Hey, Let's Make A Deal Minimalist 28 7299 September 9, 2016 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4