Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 18, 2024, 11:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism Kills Off the Ambition of the Lower Classes and Makes them Anti-Social
Atheism Kills Off the Ambition of the Lower Classes and Makes them Anti-Social
I believe much of the problems of the modern world is caused by atheism in the lower classes.

A person who believes in atheism is less motivated in life, less likely to start a family, less likely to try hard in his career, less likely to do what it takes to support a family and be a positive contribution to his community.

Also, atheism is a major contributor to such social issues as domestic abuse, child abuse, alcoholism, drug abuse, and crimes of moral turpitude.

Atheist marriages are less stable and more likely to break up when Christians, especially Catholics, will stick things through and make it work.

Atheism actually has no positive effect on society, and for that reason should be discouraged.
RE: Atheism Kills Off the Ambition of the Lower Classes and Makes them Anti-Social
(September 25, 2012 at 10:49 pm)Blackrook Wrote: I believe much of the problems of the modern world is caused by atheism in the lower classes.

A person who believes in atheism is less motivated in life, less likely to start a family, less likely to try hard in his career, less likely to do what it takes to support a family and be a positive contribution to his community.

Also, atheism is a major contributor to such social issues as domestic abuse, child abuse, alcoholism, drug abuse, and crimes of moral turpitude.

Atheist marriages are less stable and more likely to break up when Christians, especially Catholics, will stick things through and make it work.

Atheism actually has no positive effect on society, and for that reason should be discouraged.

...those are all downright lies. I dare you to produce statistics to support any of those baseless assertions. Here are some counter-examples:

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/atheism-r...population Atheism in the prison population
http://newscenter.berkeley.edu/2012/04/3...enerosity/ Atheism and generosity
http://atheismexposed.tripod.com/atheists_divorce.htm Atheism and marriage
http://www.samharris.org/site/full_text/...t-atheism1 general facts
You are either a liar, or dangerously ignorant about atheism.
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
RE: Atheism Kills Off the Ambition of the Lower Classes and Makes them Anti-Social
Source?
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Even if what you say is true, it's an appeal to consequence. We shouldn't shy away from the truth because of consequence it may hold.

But aside from that, you just asserted a lot of stuff without backing up of any evidence.
(September 25, 2012 at 10:49 pm)Blackrook Wrote: I believe much of the problems of the modern world is caused by atheism in the lower classes.

You've got to stop reading your own press releases. You've got it backwards. In fact, it is Christian contentment which kills ambition. "Meek inherit the world" and all that rot.

With atheism if you don't do it, it won't get done. We're the ones motivated to make this world and this life count. It's all we have. It's your lot that sees it as just passing through.
(September 25, 2012 at 10:51 pm)Darkstar Wrote:

...those are all downright lies. I dare you to produce statistics to support any of those baseless assertions.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/atheism-r...population

When you people produce some sort of evidence for all the crap you say about Christians, I may produce some evidence of what I say.
[Image: troll-1.gif]
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(September 25, 2012 at 10:54 pm)whateverist Wrote:

You've got to stop reading your own press releases. You've got it backwards. In fact, it is Christian contentment which kills ambition. "Meek inherit the world" and all that rot.

With atheism if you don't do it, it won't get done. We're the ones motivated to make this world and this life count. It's all we have. It's your lot that sees it as just passing through.

It's not a coincidence that Europe's declining influence in world affairs comes at the same time it loses faith in God.

Hell, Europe as we know it will no longer exist in 2050. By that year, the entire continent will be dominated by Islam.

Atheism is too weak and dispirited to fight back against the vigorous faith of the Muslim people.

The Europeans are a doomed race.
You don't have any evidence, do you?
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
For fuck's sake, Blackrook. You're either a complete and utter moron or you're a troll.
[Image: Mv4GC.png]
The true beauty of a self-inquiring sentient universe is lost on those who elect to walk the intellectually vacuous path of comfortable paranoid fantasies.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you learned that the god of [insert religion] is real, would all bets be off? Sicnoo0 58 3191 February 25, 2024 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  History: The Iniquitous Anti-Christian French Revolution. Nishant Xavier 27 2097 August 6, 2023 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Sexual Abuse in Social Context: Clergy and other (Secular) Professionals. Nishant Xavier 61 3551 July 16, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 2529 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  I'm no longer an anti-theist Duty 27 1933 September 16, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  What makes people irrational thinkers? SlowCalculations 228 17630 January 15, 2022 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  We atheists now have our own social network rado84 16 1677 August 12, 2021 at 7:51 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
Information [Serious] How many reasonable solutions are there to any particular social issue? Prof.Lunaphiles 69 6849 April 11, 2020 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  It makes me sad Rahn127 7 1637 April 24, 2019 at 10:55 am
Last Post: LostLocke
  Angry Atheists and Anti-Theists Agnostico 186 18032 December 31, 2018 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X