Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 2:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Once again, corporate whores unleash their thug cops on protesters....
Once again, corporate whores unleash their thug cops on protesters....
no doubt in the name of "law and order."

http://truth-out.org/news/item/11797-tex...definitely

Quote:The tree-sit continues for a third day despite an unprecedented escalation in police and industry violence toward peaceful blockaders. Some of the activists say TransCanada supervisors encouraged deputies with the Wood County Sherriff's Department to use pain compliance tactics that included sustained chokeholds, violent arm-twisting, pepper spray, and multiple uses of Tasers, all while blockaders were in handcuffs.

"As someone who has a religious dedication to nonviolence, I have a duty to assist nonviolent tactics," Franklin said before he was pepper sprayed and tased Tuesday.

Quote:A plainclothes police officer was among the most aggressive officers to implement pain compliance, according to blockaders who locked down. He put Franklin in a chokehold, cutting off his breathing, and bent him over backwards in an attempt to make him pass out. Franklin reports difficulty swallowing because of bruises sustained to his esophagus.

The most physically aggressive was the ranking officer, a lieutenant with the Wood County Sheriff's Department under the observation of TransCanada employees. One of the law enforcement officials twisted and contorted the tube that Bebe and Franklin had locked their arms into, cutting off circulation to their hands and cutting abrasions into their hands and forearms.

Quote:After the the officers stopped their escalated tactics, a senior TransCanada supervisor allegedly congratulated the Sheriff's Department lieutenant for a "job well done."

I'm sure the bullies in uniform are quite proud of themselves.
RE: Once again, corporate whores unleash their thug cops on protesters....
The thieving dicks are stealing people's land (eminent domain) and assaulting people? I wish the protestors the best.
Nemo me impune lacessit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does rasising the corporate tax rate help or hurt? jasonelijah 16 799 March 30, 2021 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Are religions that preach inequality for women and gays, traitors to their country? Greatest I am 129 5277 February 8, 2021 at 9:26 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Let’s take their guns BrokenQuill92 141 9586 November 22, 2020 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Fucking Cops: Volume II Minimalist 2600 244678 June 24, 2020 at 11:40 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Two Old Pros - Doing Their Thing Minimalist 8 1014 November 28, 2018 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Palestinian rock throwing, but isnt that against their religion? Kimbi 1 509 September 4, 2018 at 1:52 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  FOX Being Dragged Down By Their Anchor Minimalist 10 1635 August 23, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Fools And Their Money! Minimalist 10 1059 May 18, 2018 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Finally Fox [Faux] News is being called out for their shit NuclearEnergy 3 1450 December 16, 2017 at 12:11 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Senate Republicunt Assholes Prepare Their Own Tax Plan Minimalist 7 1301 November 9, 2017 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Brian37