Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 30, 2024, 10:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fundamentalists In The UK
Fundamentalists In The UK
Just bumped into this on YouTube its "Dispatches: In God's Name" its from 2008 and looks at the increase in fundamentalism in the UK. If you haven't watched it its certainly interesting if not a little scarey.

RE: Fundamentalists In The UK
Google: Reg Vardy schools creationism.
It's when I learn about these people that I fully understand the animosity that Richard Dawkins displays towards the religious peoples.
Could you imagine being eternally in contact with these people? NOOOOOOO
i'd rather swallow cock cheese.
what is so disturbing?
Honestly do you or your perfered way of life feel threatened?

What about them? If they are in the majority over there then is it somehow wrong to live by the rules the majority of people wish to live by?
Would you live by the rules of, say, a majority Islamic country, or would you feel your preferred way of life threatened?

In any case, it's not so much a threat to our way of life as it is the rise of superstition and uncritical thinking. That way madness truly lies.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(September 28, 2012 at 11:44 am)5thHorseman Wrote: i'd rather swallow cock cheese.

Well horseman, todays the day I call your bluff...
*ziiiip*
*FLOP*

Hop to it.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
(September 28, 2012 at 6:03 pm)RaphielDrake Wrote:
(September 28, 2012 at 11:44 am)5thHorseman Wrote: i'd rather swallow cock cheese.

Well horseman, todays the day I call your bluff...
*ziiiip*
*FLOP*

Hop to it.

you mean;

*ziiiip*
*its hiding behind a pube*

don't feel bad. Tongue
(September 28, 2012 at 5:10 pm)Drich Wrote: what is so disturbing?
Honestly do you or your perfered way of life feel threatened?

What about them? If they are in the majority over there then is it somehow wrong to live by the rules the majority of people wish to live by?

Yeah, because telling people they're going to burn if they don't close their eyes and start screaming to be forgiven isn't horrific at all.

I don't know why we're worried anyway.
We are the most cynical, sarcastic bastards ever to have existed on this earth and they want to convert us?
This is England we're talking about. That should say it all, their arrogant attempt is doomed to failure.

(September 28, 2012 at 6:10 pm)5thHorseman Wrote:
(September 28, 2012 at 6:03 pm)RaphielDrake Wrote: Well horseman, todays the day I call your bluff...
*ziiiip*
*FLOP*

Hop to it.

you mean;

*ziiiip*
*its hiding behind a pube*

don't feel bad. Tongue

You wish Britney. By the time we're done you'll have lips like The Joker. Get to it.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can fundamentalists not wake up? watchamadoodle 157 24374 March 12, 2015 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: robvalue