Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 4:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iran news agency falls for hoax.
Iran news agency falls for hoax.
Quote:A news agency in Iran has published a report by the satirical news website, The Onion, saying rural white Americans would rather vote for President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad than Barack Obama.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-19764166

The funny part is that the churchy people who wont vote for Obama DO share a lot of the same values as Ahmadinejad.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Iran news agency falls for hoax.
Ah, I love it when news agencies think that the Onion is real Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Here's a blog that screenshots idiot Facebook user's reactions to The Onion stories http://literallyunbelievable.org
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
Its amazing how so many people can't seem to grasp irony.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
They have removed the story from Fars News now. If you click the link you get this error message:

Error For Your Request: Not Exist This Story.

"Me Fail english? Unpossible!"
(September 29, 2012 at 5:05 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
Quote:A news agency in Iran has published a report by the satirical news website, The Onion, saying rural white Americans would rather vote for President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad than Barack Obama.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-19764166

The funny part is that the churchy people who wont vote for Obama DO share a lot of the same values as Ahmadinejad.

The irony was not unnoticed at the Onion

At the bottom of the article they add:

The Onion Wrote:For more on this story: Please visit our Iranian subsidiary organization, Fars.

Turns out they have copied the original FARS page:
http://o.onionstatic.com/images/articles...7/FARS.png

(September 30, 2012 at 12:41 am)jots Wrote: They have removed the story from Fars News now. If you click the link you get this error message:

Error For Your Request: Not Exist This Story.

"Me Fail english? Unpossible!"

The Onion comes to the rescue. They copied the page before FARS could delete it. See above for link.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Every time the Onion does something I smile when I realize I am within driving distance of their headquarters and where they started.
That shit's not funny at all because most of the world believes the stupidest shit about america, not even our news channels show what the real america is.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Linville Falls thesummerqueen 23 3776 March 6, 2012 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Bradjalicious
  Iran brings down American drone by hacking downbeatplumb 6 3082 December 14, 2011 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  People who watch fox news know less about the world than people who watch no news. downbeatplumb 5 2949 December 13, 2011 at 10:46 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  No 1 Ladies' Detective Agency Oldandeasilyconfused 4 1338 October 13, 2011 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: salty