Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 12:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hate intro posts
I hate intro posts
Not sure why I'd join a forum of broadly like-minded individuals. gang up on the theist trolls who venture into our safe haven of secularism and atheism I guess.

I'm heaven blessed to live in an age when I have the option of non-belief.

I'm an atheist to all intends and purposes, and reserve most of my ridicule and poor humor for christian religion. Mockery is the best weapon against this nonsense. Religious beliefs should be something people are embarrassed of. I don't think science is the biggest threat to religious belief, I think the internet is. Me adding to the debate might weaken that though.
RE: I hate intro posts
Welcome. Looking forward to your contribution. I completely agree with you about the internet. Knowledge is the enemy of religion.

Regards

Grimesy
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

Welcome and be sure to read the rules!
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Welcome to Atheist Forums DT. Wink

(September 29, 2012 at 1:31 pm)Doubting_Thomas Wrote: gang up on the theist trolls who venture into our safe haven of secularism and atheism I guess.

I wouldn't say that's exactly what happens here. Idiocy is called out on with theists and atheists alike.

Quote:I don't think science is the biggest threat to religious belief, I think the internet is.

That is an interesting perspective. Might make a worthwhile discussion.
My candle burns at both ends;
It will not last the night;
But ah, my foes, and oh, my friends -
It gives a lovely light!
Hi and welcome to AF. A bit of an unfortunate name you've chosen, there is another member with (almost) the same name, but he hasn't been active in a while..
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome to our little heaven on the interweb. Mocking has its place but only when you have exhausted all other forms of rational debate, and even then should rarely be used and then gently.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(September 29, 2012 at 1:47 pm)Annik Wrote: Welcome and be sure to read the rules!

There are many rules but follow these four below and you'll do fine:

Rule no. 1, all new members must have Noob in their signature in order to reach 3 or more stars.

Rule no. 2, it's a tradition to kudo all the posts of members whose names start with T on saturdays.

Rule no. 3, Memes and only Memes can go in the meme thread. Anybody posting a non-meme will have their avatar changed to an embarrassing picture for a week.

Rule no. 4, Tiberius, the forum creator and admin, is a huge communist and only prefers to be addressed as "O Great Leader."

Angel
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
*shakes head

Silly, silly Tegh Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(September 29, 2012 at 3:10 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: Hi and welcome to AF. A bit of an unfortunate name you've chosen, there is another member with (almost) the same name, but he hasn't been active in a while..

Yeah, the name confused me for a bit, then again I'm so easily confused anyway.

Welcome aboard, D_T. I hate intro posts too but if nothing else they can be a cheap way to boost one's post count.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Welcome. This is a sort of a test to see what type of personality you have. Don't worry, there are no wrong answers except the ones that displease me.
Decipher this message: "The yellow polar bear bought tampons from the anxious badger."

If you find yourself struggling press ctrl+w to reveal the answer.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I Hate Religion. getfree 11 794 December 28, 2023 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  i hate jesus davado 15 2026 December 16, 2022 at 8:28 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Intro DocIllinois 14 1153 August 6, 2021 at 1:15 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  boiling rage - I hate the bullshit Susan 5 583 January 31, 2021 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  I hate God! - it sucks Susan 2 602 January 31, 2021 at 7:20 pm