Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi All
Hi All
Greetings!!! You can call me Lou. I've been calling myself an Atheist since I was 11 years old. Since all of my friends and relatives are Religious, this is the best place I could find to exchange my thoughts with people that have the same perspective, in religious terms, as I have.
RE: Hi All
Hi I don't know any atheists in real life, either. One of my classmates in high school was an atheist, but I didn't know about it until late senior year. I haven't told anyone outside of this forum about my deconversion. Welcome.
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
Hey, welcome. Do you mind if I ask how old you are now?
Hi Lou. This forum for me has been thought provoking, so enjoy. Smile

By you saying you have been calling yourself atheist, is that openly so your friends and family know?
(September 29, 2012 at 8:08 pm)LiakosVikernes Wrote: ..with people that have the same perspective

Sure, all the atheists here agree that there is no gods. Everything else is up for debate Big Grin

Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome Lou
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Welcome. I'll bring over some cookies later.
Hello Lou. Welcome to our little corner of the web.

Hi
[Image: Evolution.png]

(September 29, 2012 at 8:12 pm)Darkstar Wrote: I don't know any atheists in real life, either.

I always find it rather odd. In my social circles religious people are often looked at as weird.

Strange that in America it's the total opposite.

Welcome newb.
Hi All
(September 29, 2012 at 8:21 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Hey, welcome. Do you mind if I ask how old you are now?

Sorry for not answering earlier, I had forgot about this thread. I am 19 years old.

(September 29, 2012 at 8:36 pm)Waratah Wrote: Hi Lou. This forum for me has been thought provoking, so enjoy. Smile

By you saying you have been calling yourself atheist, is that openly so your friends and family know?

Well, I don't tend to say this at anyone I just met or already know, but if they ask me I will tell them and yes, my family and friends know.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi all - new here is all.... val5662 15 2105 March 18, 2017 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
Thumbs Up HEY ALL Y'ALL Droppin' Loads 10 3921 September 22, 2009 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Amphora