Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 17, 2024, 10:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
**knock knock**
Brick 
**knock knock**
hello... im new... 8)

joined because i got fed up of hearing

god this
god that
god loves you!
jesus loves you!
god cares about you
god will help you
god saved me
god will heal you
god is good
your going to hell!
your going to burn!
pray for forgiveness!
your a sinner!
your evil!
bend over!....... O.O (ok so not that one)

and all the lovely stuff they usually like saying...
would be refreshing to just hear something intelligent for once rather than this stupidity... please... help me!
RE: **knock knock**
Welcome I don't really hear 'god this, god that' but I haven't told anyone about my atheism. From your post (specifically the "you're going to burn in hell!" part, I take it that you have). The talk here is usually intelligent, and even some of the theists can make decent points.

EDIT: By intelligent, I mean at least smarter than what you described. Not scholarly...
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
(September 30, 2012 at 7:47 pm)Clever_Username Wrote: would be refreshing to just hear something intelligent for once

Oh, I can't promise you any intelligence, this is the internet after all. But at least we have fun here. Welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(September 30, 2012 at 7:51 pm)Darkstar Wrote: Welcome I don't really hear 'god this, god that' but I haven't told anyone about my atheism. From your post (specifically the "you're going to burn in hell!" part, I take it that you have). The talk here is usually intelligent, and even some of the theists can make decent points.

thanks ^.^
ok so not "god this, god that" but i think you know what i meant 8)
i just hear stuff like that alot... gets tiring.. lost alot of friends simply because im an atheist... been called so much and i have even gotten a few death threats...
so has im sure you can imagine i got alot of built up hate to religion... im trying to get over it... 8)

(September 30, 2012 at 7:51 pm)Kayenneh Wrote:
(September 30, 2012 at 7:47 pm)Clever_Username Wrote: would be refreshing to just hear something intelligent for once

Oh, I can't promise you any intelligence, this is the internet after all. But at least we have fun here. Welcome to AF! ^_^

Thinking.... that was pretty intelligent 8)
thank you 8)
Who's there?
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(September 30, 2012 at 8:04 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: Who's there?

howl
(September 30, 2012 at 8:11 pm)Clever_Username Wrote:
(September 30, 2012 at 8:04 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: Who's there?

howl

howl who?
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(September 30, 2012 at 8:12 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote:
(September 30, 2012 at 8:11 pm)Clever_Username Wrote: howl

howl who?

howl you know unless you open the door!!
lol.
Knock knock
My ignore list

(September 30, 2012 at 8:12 pm)teaearlgreyhot Wrote: howl who?

This one?

When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Knock knock... -z- 9 1756 January 4, 2014 at 5:27 am
Last Post: Belac Enrobso