Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 11:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Than a Legend
More Than a Legend
Thought this was well made. Though as usual, started a shit storm. Even made some call evolution "racist" Undecided

[youtube]EcqA8wEljPM[/youtube]
RE: More Than a Legend
Eva-Lune Wrote:Thought this was well made. Though as usual, started a shit storm. Even made some call evolution "racist" Undecided
Nice vid, Eva-Lune. It does not file as sufficient evidence of evolution of course, but I think it will raise enough questions even among youngsters in the bible belt about similarities between humans and animals. Hopefully it sparks some critical thinking.
"I'm like a rabbit suddenly trapped, in the blinding headlights of vacuous crap" - Tim Minchin in "Storm"
Christianity is perfect bullshit, christians are not - Purple Rabbit, honouring CS Lewis
Faith is illogical - fr0d0
That was good, I didn't understand the "Macro/Polo" thing (was it a play on Marco Polo?) and I think the half face at the end looked more like a generic human (medium coffee coloured skin and relative neutral features so I don't agree on the racist idea). Was the song by "Seal"?

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Sounded a bit like Seal but it says "Music: "If you're out there" by John Legend "
(July 23, 2009 at 2:47 pm)Kyuuketsuki Wrote: That was good, I didn't understand the "Macro/Polo" thing (was it a play on Marco Polo?) and I think the half face at the end looked more like a generic human (medium coffee coloured skin and relative neutral features so I don't agree on the racist idea). Was the song by "Seal"?

Kyu

Kyu,

At the beginning of the video it said look for the macro(evolution), meaning change from one species to the next as opposed to micro(evolution) which is just slight deviations within a species. During the video they made the play on words refering to the game marco/Polo alluding to the fact that no macro(evolution) can be found in the video. for anyone looking for the macro I would suggest starting at the beginning and jumping right to the end.

Rhizo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  this will be making more money than hawking their dubious . . . vorlon13 0 409 December 12, 2016 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Legend of Korra finale BrokenQuill92 11 2372 December 24, 2014 at 4:23 pm
Last Post: Bad Wolf
  More than alternative: Industrial, deathrock, goth-rock, screamo, punk... Creed of Heresy 8 2819 February 23, 2014 at 4:29 am
Last Post: Sejanus
  The Beatles - More Popular Than Jesus binny 6 1973 April 12, 2010 at 5:22 am
Last Post: Violet
  Drunk guy, I think it's more than booze binny 5 1900 October 21, 2009 at 1:30 pm
Last Post: Amphora