Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:53 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please help A christian has stumped me on this one.
please help A christian has stumped me on this one.
math boys please help me.This annoys me. I debate with this guy and then he sent me the following. please get to the end and let me know what the trick is. I change the number they start with but the names still add to the same number. (A different same number) Howd they do this?

A message we can trust? Science tells us that anything we see touch hear or taste is just our brain receiving a message. Therefore anything that we think that is happening in our lives may actually not be happening. In other words it could all be an illusion. Theoretically speaking we could just be a brain connected to a machine that is feeding us messages. In actuality are whole life and everything in it, our families, our job, everything we see, eat, smell etcetera does not actually have to be truth. It could all be a lie. Did you ever watch the matrix with Keanu Reeves. That’s basically what it was about. Therefore, If someone told me that Jesus appeared to them and their entire family, that they all saw him, touched him and that his blood even stained the items in their household but still didn’t believe in him, I could still respect them.
However there is one thing in life that is a universal truth and could never be a lie. Without it we wouldn’t be able to prove anything. We couldn’t prove how old we are, how much money we are to be paid, how many miles it is from our house to our job and we couldn’t even have science. That’s right science couldn’t prove anything without it. It is the one thing that proves things beyond any doubt. That thing is mathematics. As the saying goes “numbers don’t lie”. If we are going to get a message that we could trust for sure it has to come in the form of mathematics. If not, then the message could always be debated and we would not have to except it beyond any reasonable doubt. Well guess what, there is a message and it comes in the form of mathematics. The branch of mathematics that it comes in is called gematria. Here is the definition of gematria from Wikipedia. Gematria or gimatria (Hebrew: ???????? gema?riya) is a system of assigning numerical value to a word or phrase, in the belief that words or phrases with identical numerical values bear some relation to each other. In other words they take an alphabet, change every letter into a number in order to see what the word or words add up to. Now if an unlikely pattern develops, mathematicians can tell you approximately what the odds are of it happening unless the number is too large to compute. There is a law in mathematics that tells us if the odds on a particular event occurring are so astronomical that it just cannot happen. An example of this would be 100 to the 100th power. If you don’t remember this from school I will remind you. 5 to the 5th power would be 5x5x5x5x5 and that would equal 3125. What are the odds of me getting hit by a boat while I am sitting and writing this on the 16th floor of my condo? It just can’t happen.
It is believed that the Sumerian civilization is the most ancient and their system of counting the very first. The Sumerian system was based on a root of six as opposed to ten. The Sumerian Code is not a “Bible Code” as some have labeled it, but a simple form of gematria using the Sumerian base of 6 or 60, and the world’s standard language for conducting business. English is the native language of more than 400 million people. Chinese is the native language of more than 650 million people. Yet English is by far the most important language in the world today. This is because it is spoken in more different parts of the world than any other language, it is the language of commerce, and it is the second language of many countries, The English language is about five hundred years old. English is also the “official language of the United Nations and some 53 nations upon the face of the earth. Unlike other modern languages, the English language is the world’s language, to which all others must comply in order to conduct business in the modern world. Gematria has been around for thousands of years. The English language has only been around for 550 years. Therefore the following results in gematria could not have been fixed or set up by human intelligence.

A=6 B=12 C=18 D=24 E=30 F=36 G=42

H=48 I=54 J=60 K=66 L=72 M=78

N=84 O=90 P=96 Q=102 R=108 S=114 T=120 U=126

V=132 W=138 X=144 Y=150

Z=156

BAC = 36 Its easy: Just add the numbers. Simple = 444

GEMATRIA = 444-----------Mark of beast = 666--------Baketball = 510
ENGLISH = 444--------Stubborn = 666------------jordan = 372
JEWISH = 444--------witchcraft = 666------------bulls = 396
MESSIAH = 444---------Sorceries = 666----------chicago = 276
JESUS = 444---------Illusion = 666-------------pippen = 456
Y'SHUA = 444---------New york = 666------------jackson = 438
JOSHUA = 444---------corrupt = 666--------------bestever = 576
CROSS = 444---------Slaughter = 666------------allstar = 498
GOSPEL = 444----------Computer = 666--------------arena = 234
PREACHER = 444---------Insanity = 666-------------slamdunk = 570
PARABLES = 444---------treacheries= 666-----------superstar = 822
Lucifer = 444---------santaclaus = 666------------winners =612

What are the odds of these results. The calculator doesn’t go that high. I was confused on why lucifer added up to 444 until I read Ezekiel in the Old Testament. Ezekiel called Lucifer a cherubim and described a cherubim as 4 creatures with 4 heads and 4 wings.

I asked a mathematician friend of mine who is a russian Grandmaster in chess. he got mad after looking at it and smashed a table. Please help me with this one. I cant seem to get a reasonable answer.

Please please help
RE: please help A christian has stumped me on this one.
You got stumped by fucking numerology? The "guy" you debate with is a nutball.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
You are daft, without being clever. Gematria = numerology....big fucking deal. Your letter to number assignments are arbitrary. If I chose to spend considerable time I'm sure I could assign a different number and come up with the script for Doctor Who over the last five years.

I have already given you too much credence. I am quite confident that you are nothing more than another drive-by; using a shotgun full of stupid.
should I curse the guy im debating with so then he could say "you see, no answers" Just tell me what are the mathematical odds on this. Why you cursing and getting mad. i want to bash him more then you. but your responce dont help me. I investigated and its not numerology. its a branch of mathematics. the word gematria comes from geometry. However I need a real responce.
(October 5, 2012 at 1:59 am)franca Wrote: Insanity = 666

Big Grin
Ok, first off, all the numbers assigned to the letters are even so the only sums of the numbers you'll get are even numbers. 444 and 666 are even numbers. All the numbers are multiples of 6 so it's no surprise that you'll get sums occasionally equaling 444 and 666.

The whole choice of numbers seems rigged from the start to produce spooky numbers like 444 and 666.

Many of the words that sum up to 666 aren't biblically related (computer? illusion? new york?) and it's funny how some of the words have to adopt suffixes to total to 666 (Sorceries instead of sorcery, treacheries instead of treachery). Also, it's Mark of the Beast, not Mark of Beast.

And what about the vast majority of religiously significant words that do not total to spooky numbers? You put those along with these and it would be clear that these are nothing but meaningless coincidences.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(October 5, 2012 at 1:59 am)franca Wrote: Well guess what, there is a message and it comes in the form of mathematics. The branch of mathematics that it comes in is called gematria.
This is a branch of mathematics in the same sense that gardening is a branch of archaeology (they both involve digging, right?)

There's a whole bunch of real math-conspiracies out there (like adjunctions! They're everywhere!). No need to cook up fake ones Tongue
So these philosophers were all like, "That Kant apply universally!" And then these mathematicians were all like, "Oh yes it Kan!"
i like your responce but that doesnt change the fact that the names that add up having to do with jesus will always be the same number no matter what letter you start with. What are the odds on that. did jesus get that lucky. ive been told that every time you get a match its about 60 or 70 to the next power. the first name is one out of one obviously, but after that...... one out of 60 consecutively. 60 to the tenth power. did jeus get that lucky or did he see and fix the future. What are the odds.
what the hell is going on here
(October 5, 2012 at 3:17 am)franca Wrote: i like your responce but that doesnt change the fact that the names that add up having to do with jesus will always be the same number no matter what letter you start with. What are the odds on that. did jesus get that lucky. ive been told that every time you get a match its about 60 or 70 to the next power. the first name is one out of one obviously, but after that...... one out of 60 consecutively. 60 to the tenth power. did jeus get that lucky or did he see and fix the future. What are the odds.
what the hell is going on here

I'm not understanding what you're trying to say. There are many names related to Jesus. The ones here are but a few.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
i meant the names add up no matter what number you start with. I made A = 1 b=2 C=3 D=4 ETC ETC ETC
AND the jesus = 74 jewish =74 cross=74 messiah=74 make a choice=74 gematria = 74 etc etc etc. when we change the a to 6 and b becomes 12 etc etc the number obviously becomes 74 x 6 which is 444 and so do the rest. do you see whats driving me crazy. the names so closely related to jesus will always be the same number. ALWAYS AAAAHHHHH Breaks the reasoning of mathematics. probability speaking

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Math education progression? (Please help me) bennyboy 4 2836 November 5, 2013 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: bennyboy