Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is it Dark at Night?
Why is it Dark at Night?
For those of you unfamiliar with Minute Physics' works, I recommend you check them out. This one I found this one even more fascinating than usual.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxJ4M7tyL...re=g-all-u
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

RE: Why is it Dark at Night?
I love watching these Tongue
Yeah, it makes a physics dummy like me actually understand what it is about Smile
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I just love Minute Physics, especially the bits that fly over my head. It's a pity one or two among us, who would really benefit the most, don't seem to have taken the time to look at things like this.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
That was really fun. Thanks K.

(At first I was going to remark that I too had noticed this pattern of darkening at night but the video is better than my lame humor.)
(October 6, 2012 at 2:15 pm)whateverist Wrote: (At first I was going to remark that I too had noticed this pattern of darkening at night but the video is better than my lame humor.)

Lame humor is awesome! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dark matter vs. MOND LinuxGal 3 529 August 23, 2023 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Rethinking Dark Matter/Dark energy.... Brian37 11 2470 January 26, 2018 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Newest super-sensitive test failed to catch a Dark Matter particle. Why? theBorg 40 5997 August 21, 2016 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  A dark bulb ErGingerbreadMandude 29 2961 July 11, 2016 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: Jake Long
  Could this explian what Dark matter and Dark energy is? Blueyedlion 49 7182 June 13, 2016 at 10:28 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  How are Dark Mtter and Consciousness different from Spirit? Rhondazvous 100 16280 February 12, 2016 at 11:41 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Does Dark Matter give merit to the Bible? wolfclan96 29 7570 March 19, 2015 at 11:15 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Can Dark Matter be the energy source of the future - a rough estimate Alex K 2 1684 March 19, 2014 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  "Black Marble" (Earth at Night) Tiberius 23 7368 December 10, 2012 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Score one for dark matter popeyespappy 6 2242 January 11, 2012 at 1:05 am
Last Post: popeyespappy