Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"I'm an Aquarius, I enjoy sunsets, long walks on the beach, and frisky women."
"I'm an Aquarius, I enjoy sunsets, long walks on the beach, and frisky women."
*Bonus points if you get the title reference.
-----------------------------------------------------

So, shiver23 here. Twenty year old Canadian lady.
I'm honestly not an atheist, but I'm definitely not anything religious.
I was raised in a Christian home (pastor's daughter.), and have since left the faith. I definitely believe in more than what we can see, but I like my proof too. I guess you'd consider me an agnostic.

I'm here to get to know some people. I currently live in the middle of nowhere and need to make some more connections, even if it means going online after a long period of absence from the forum side of things.

My boyfriend is an atheist, so I 'm definitely curious and open to the viewpoint. I also am a bisexual and have a bit of a depression/anxiety problem that I'm trying to cope with.

Things that interest me include pretty much any type of music, movies, general free thinking, art and intelligence. I hope to make some friends and get a better grip on what I believe, and better myself as a person on here. There aren't many people to talk to about deep topics around here (at least not without a Christian biased viewpoint or people with complete lack of interest in said topics.)

Here's hoping.
-shiver23
"I think it's better to have ideas. You can change an idea, changing a belief is trickier.
Life should be malleable and progressive; working from idea to idea permits that.
Beliefs anchor you to certain points and limit growth; new ideas can't generate.
Life grows stagnant." - DOGMA

My "people skills" are "rusty". - Castiel, Supernatural
RE: "I'm an Aquarius, I enjoy sunsets, long walks on the beach, and frisky women."
Hello and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

RE: "I'm an Aquarius, I enjoy sunsets, long walks on the beach, and frisky women."
If she's frisky enough I'll pass on the sunsets.

Welcome.
Hello from me too!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Just saw on the news the fastest growing label in America are the "nones" meaning they don't follow any organized religion 1 in 5. Seems like more and more people are rejecting the traditions of their parents.

Anywho, welcome.
Welcome from your crazy neighbor to the south.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Germany sends it`s greetings.
Thank you Kayenneh, Stimbo and Faith No More.

Minimalist, I definitely agree. Wink lol.

Brian37, people are definitely experiencing a culture shift. Canada more so than America, but I'm sure things will shift further. Europe is far ahead in their rejection of religion. Ultimately, we follow our parents or we don't. And with the spread of ideas, things are changing faster.
"I think it's better to have ideas. You can change an idea, changing a belief is trickier.
Life should be malleable and progressive; working from idea to idea permits that.
Beliefs anchor you to certain points and limit growth; new ideas can't generate.
Life grows stagnant." - DOGMA

My "people skills" are "rusty". - Castiel, Supernatural
Welcome-welcome.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Welcome

I can't guarantee how many of the topics will be deep, but I've found enough interesting ones to keep myself busy, and I think you will too.
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Life long atheist MR. Macabre 666 19 1296 May 25, 2023 at 8:51 am
Last Post: brewer
  Long time no see Kingpin 27 2187 May 18, 2023 at 2:00 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  long time atheist, new member BloodyHeartland 17 2073 February 6, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New Member, Long Time Atheist fromdownunder 21 3087 August 18, 2018 at 6:25 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Long time, no see. 8BitAtheist 32 4035 November 18, 2016 at 10:47 am
Last Post: 8BitAtheist
Tongue A long-time lurker says hello Ludwig 22 3869 November 4, 2015 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: Ludwig
  Long time Atheist, new member here! AceBoogie 17 4462 March 13, 2015 at 9:38 pm
Last Post: Bad Wolf
  New here and pretty depressed (Kinda long) KrystalVisions 10 2901 March 7, 2015 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Newbie (long post) Dorian Gray 19 4237 January 1, 2015 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: Kitty Galore
  new thread long time converted fojo 12 1871 November 9, 2014 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: Aractus