Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 12:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some random jazz/blues
Some random jazz/blues
I'd like to share a video of me playing with my school's Jazz Band on tour in Holland:

I'm the bloke with all the hair on the end playing trombone.

Commence ego-feeding!
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
RE: Some random jazz/blues
You play the trombone too? Awesome! Clap

BTW, we definitely need a thread where all musical people here upload clips of them playing (e.g. I would love to hear Tegh on the harpsichord and Frankie and Cinjin on the guitar) Smile
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(October 10, 2012 at 6:54 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: You play the trombone too? Awesome! Clap

Yeah. That's the instrument I was taught to play.

On the musical thread note, all the videos of me playing are on here Tongue That's definitely a good idea though.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
Glen Miller arrangement of the St. Louis Blues?

Tobie,

I don't know if this story is true, but here's how the St. Louis Blues March was portrayed in the movie "The Glen Miller Story"

[Image: generic_sig.jpg]
You will all know that I am a bit of a blues man, but I just love to play jazz.

I'm digging this, man. Wink
Cunt
(October 10, 2012 at 7:28 pm)Tino Wrote: Glen Miller arrangement of the St. Louis Blues?

Tobie,

I don't know if this story is true, but here's how the St. Louis Blues March was portrayed in the movie "The Glen Miller Story"

I love that clip. I don't recall which arrangement it was though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reasons to detest Jazz # 9 Succubus 68 3538 March 13, 2018 at 4:19 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Amusingly random music videos Jacob(smooth) 6 1625 February 7, 2014 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: c172
Thumbs Up Funny random church videos. JohnDG 6 2705 June 16, 2011 at 1:54 am
Last Post: Cinjin