Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 10:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New for the second time
New for the second time
Hi there!
I'm not exactly new, I joined quite a while back, but just never really moved over here.

By moved over, I mean form another site. So yea, I'm another refugee from another atheist site. I think you have a lot of refugees from there in the last 4 or 6 months.

That place has gotten frighteningly negative, and so I'm looking to find a more positive home, though one that is still realistic. Big Grin

So...I'm an atheist, a philosophical taoist, mother to a 5 year old precious little girl, and wife to a surly but lovable Irishman. My mother is a Catholic, My mother in law believes in ancient aliens, but the rest of my immediate family are all atheists/skeptics.

I really just want a place to have fun and also intellectual conversations with like-minded people. Without flame wars or too much drama.....that'd be good. Wink Shades
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
RE: New for the second time
Hello and welcome back! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome...

Dare I ask what other site you hail from?
(October 10, 2012 at 7:29 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Dare I ask what other site you hail from?

AF.com, were I to make a guess Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Flame War

Joke
Welcome
Don't worry, there won't be any flame wars...wait, does that means flame wars weren't against the rules at your old forum?
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
Hello Aroura.

I don't spend much time at AF.com myself anymore.
Welcome!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Welcome! : D
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
I have found this is a nice place to sit back and look at the sky
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBWPCvdv8Bk
welcome Aurora
(October 10, 2012 at 8:13 pm)jonb Wrote: I have found this is a nice place to sit back and look at the sky
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBWPCvdv8Bk
welcome Aurora
Lovely! My name is intentionally misspelled, as "Aurora" is usually taken, so I just default to the misspelling now when setting up accounts.

I was born in Aurora, Oregon, and as a kid, my favorite animated character was (embarassingly enough), Princess Aurora-Sleeping Beauty. Still is, honestly. So that's the origin of the name. Smile

Also, yes I came from Af.com. Where else? lol

Flaming is not allowed there, according to the rules. But the rules are not much enforced. One member at least repeatedly flames, and his punishment is just being told to stop or else. He stops...in that thread, then starts in another. Been going on quite a while. I'm sure some of the crossover members know who I mean.

I would prefer a place that is a bit better moderated, yet also more tolerant of different outlooks, not so full of the jaded and ANGRY ATHEIST!!!! Wink Shades

Anyway, thank you all for the welcome! I'll be posting here fairly often, I hope.

Peace Smile

Aroura
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  long time atheist, new member BloodyHeartland 17 2057 February 6, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New Member, Long Time Atheist fromdownunder 21 3080 August 18, 2018 at 6:25 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Long time Atheist, new member here! AceBoogie 17 4456 March 13, 2015 at 9:38 pm
Last Post: Bad Wolf
  new thread long time converted fojo 12 1870 November 9, 2014 at 7:27 pm
Last Post: Aractus
  The Second coming of.... SavageNerdz! SavageNerdz 11 1941 March 25, 2014 at 11:31 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  New New New Quid 23 4744 December 11, 2012 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Long time atheist, first time poster... JustEd 13 3694 April 4, 2012 at 5:59 am
Last Post: Erinome
  New here (was it rainy all the time before I joined?) sunshine 5 2012 October 25, 2009 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet