Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Romney's dodge on equal pay.
Romney's dodge on equal pay.
If I a democratic stratigist, I would have tons of adds jumping on this dodge.
"I demanded women in my cabinet" meaning when Shit Romney was governor.

When asked in the debate if he supported equal pay all he had to say was "yes". He is a coward and dodged that. No one asked him if he had women working in his government, BECAUSE THAT WAS NOT THE FUCKING ISSUE.

He won't support equal pay for women in the private sector because he damned well knows that the private sector will look for the cheapest labor. Romney saying "I hired women" is like saying "I hired blacks"

HEY ASSHOLE, IT ISN'T ABOUT HIRING, it is about equal pay jackass. You wont support equal pay because big business wants cheap labor.

Obama however singed an executive order saying that women CAN sue if they find out if they have been getting the shaft after doing the same work.

Romeny only gives a shit about big business and this after convention act on his part is just that. It is unfortunate that swing voters, much like some sports fans, wont pay attention until the playoffs. But if most voters had been tracking Romney on a day by day basis, they would know he is a big fucking liar.
RE: Romney's dodge on equal pay.
(October 17, 2012 at 10:17 am)Brian37 Wrote: If I a democratic stratigist, I would have tons of adds jumping on this dodge.

When asked in the debate if he supported equal pay all he had to say was "yes". He is a coward and dodged that. No one asked him if he had women working in his government, BECAUSE THAT WAS NOT THE FUCKING ISSUE.

He won't support equal pay for women in the private sector because he damned well knows that the private sector will look for the cheapest labor. Romney saying "I hired women" is like saying "I hired blacks"

HEY ASSHOLE, IT ISN'T ABOUT HIRING, it is about equal pay jackass. You wont support equal pay because big business wants cheap labor.

Obama however singed an executive order saying that women CAN sue if they find out if they have been getting the shaft after doing the same work.

Romeny only gives a shit about big business and this after convention act on his part is just that. It is unfortunate that swing voters, much like some sports fans, wont pay attention until the playoffs. But if most voters had been tracking Romney on a day by day basis, they would know he is a big fucking liar.

OK here's why I don't buy this. Let's say I'm a greedy businessman. Make that the greediest fucking businessman of all time. I don't give a shit about anything but money. Let's say I'm the biggest greediest fucking lying fucking republican fucking conservative pro-big-business anti-environment labor-abusing asshole you can possibly imagine. Now, your contention is that I can hire equally capable women for 80% the pay rate of equally capable men. Think about it for a minute - use your own common sense. What would that greedy fucking business man do? Answer - NEVER HIRE A MAN! Why would I pay 25% more for a man than an equally capable worker who happened to be female? Please explain this to me.
[Image: generic_sig.jpg]
Quote:Let's say I'm a greedy businessman.

You say that as if there is any other kind.
(October 17, 2012 at 11:07 am)Tino Wrote: OK here's why I don't buy this. Let's say I'm a greedy businessman. Make that the greediest fucking businessman of all time. I don't give a shit about anything but money. Let's say I'm the biggest greediest fucking lying fucking republican fucking conservative pro-big-business anti-environment labor-abusing asshole you can possibly imagine. Now, your contention is that I can hire equally capable women for 80% the pay rate of equally capable men. Think about it for a minute - use your own common sense. What would that greedy fucking business man do? Answer - NEVER HIRE A MAN! Why would I pay 25% more for a man than an equally capable worker who happened to be female? Please explain this to me.

Well, let me think... A woman is more likely to take maternity leave. A woman is more likely to take days off when her kids are sick (or the kids' daycare is closed or school is out for the day). Women have a higher cost of health care (including annual check-ups and birth control, as well as the costs associated to pregnancy and birth).
(October 17, 2012 at 12:41 pm)festive1 Wrote: Well, let me think... A woman is more likely to take maternity leave. A woman is more likely to take days off when her kids are sick (or the kids' daycare is closed or school is out for the day). Women have a higher cost of health care (including annual check-ups and birth control, as well as the costs associated to pregnancy and birth).

It's actually stuff like this that gives the illusion of wage gap. It's a sociological phenomenon, not an oppression of women. -shurg-
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
And women tend to gravitate toward lower-paying professions... But still, maternity leave and healthcare would go a long way.
(October 17, 2012 at 12:54 pm)Annik Wrote: It's actually stuff like this that gives the illusion of wage gap. It's a sociological phenomenon, not an oppression of women. -shurg-

Thank you! Some days I feel like I'm the only one who gets this. I've tried to explain it to people who I otherwise find very rational, and it seems like they have stuck bananas in their ears.
I was at an event put on by one of the local SF companies to talk about recruiting women into the business (software companies to be specific). So guys like me who are interested in outreach and gaining new talent are invited to network, speak and advise young women on "making it into the scene".

I, others and famous millionaires like Marissa Meyers focus on telling women to take ownership of their ideas and to be confident. That's the common gist. To stand up for oneself, like those ladies at NewsWeek who broke out of the coffee room dead end jobs and pushed to be writers and editors for major articles. We focus on the confidence bit, because obvious

One of the events, Marissa Meyers actually came and talked about succeeding as a woman in industry. Basically give advice that pseudo-recruiters like me (in a start up, you always are representing your company and seeking good blood) were trying to give.

She was direct, confident and quick. As a male working in a mostly male environment, I immediately recognized and respected her implicitly.

She asserted herself just like my managers assert themselves.

One common thing to note is that hatred other women gave Marissa Meyers when she told them to "be confident" and not phrase things weakly like "I kinda think if...".

However, when I, a guy, gave advice from my role as someone who'd interview an incoming candidate at my company (the same advice), I would get enthusiastic nods and agreement.

FOR THE SAME GODDAMN ADVICE.

On one hand, women do not succeed in the workplace because they fail to take control and deal with things directly.

On the other hand, women who do succeed in the workplace endure the envy and hatred of their peers.

Some of the most bizarre and illogical forms of envy too. :S
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(October 17, 2012 at 11:07 am)Tino Wrote:
(October 17, 2012 at 10:17 am)Brian37 Wrote: If I a democratic stratigist, I would have tons of adds jumping on this dodge.

OK here's why I don't buy this. Let's say I'm a greedy businessman. Make that the greediest fucking businessman of all time. I don't give a shit about anything but money. Let's say I'm the biggest greediest fucking lying fucking republican fucking conservative pro-big-business anti-environment labor-abusing asshole you can possibly imagine. Now, your contention is that I can hire equally capable women for 80% the pay rate of equally capable men. Think about it for a minute - use your own common sense. What would that greedy fucking business man do? Answer - NEVER HIRE A MAN! Why would I pay 25% more for a man than an equally capable worker who happened to be female? Please explain this to me.
The simple evolutionary meme that a man cannot be outshined by a women. Our male species would rather pay more for men because it is a "guy" thing than anything else. EGO is what it amounts to.
Quote:One common thing to note is that hatred other women gave Marissa Meyers when she told them to "be confident" and not phrase things weakly like "I kinda think if...".

Misogynist: A man who hates women as much as women hate one another. H. L. Mencken

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mitt Romney Is Kinda Stupid BrianSoddingBoru4 89 5959 May 3, 2022 at 11:23 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Can America ever truly pay for its sins? T.J. 111 7476 January 10, 2022 at 4:17 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  Can Japan Ever Truly Pay for it' s Sins? onlinebiker 29 1197 December 7, 2021 at 5:24 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Equal pay for women's soccer or no Fed funding bill brewer 55 4882 August 4, 2019 at 7:25 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  New Jersey Voters Did Pay Attention Minimalist 2 529 November 15, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Four presidents come together to pay tribute Foxaèr 15 2799 April 23, 2018 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: mlmooney89
  Uber Pay Gap John V 42 3277 February 15, 2018 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  What Is This All Men Are Equal Under The Law Shit? Minimalist 10 3396 May 24, 2017 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  House Repugnicunts take a swipe at overtime pay. Ravenshire 9 3720 May 4, 2017 at 11:20 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  No One Actually Wants an Equal Society InquiringMind 69 7988 March 21, 2017 at 11:31 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger