Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death, and then?
Death, and then?
Shortly after I became 18 I have decided, that in case of death, my body should be used for scientific purposes. I kind of like the idea of a medical student gaining knowlege through dissection. And since I`m a heavy smoker I think my lungs will one day give perfect learning material.
I came to that conclusion after visiting a excebition on medical science wich had fascinated me.
But recently the question of being a organ doner has come to my mind and has been bothering me ever since.

I would like to know what you think about death, I will state right away that I obviously dont believe in a afterlife. I`m more interested in what you think of funerals and other.

And I apeal to the religious on this forum not to spam messeges of eternal doom.
Death, and then?
Funerals are for the living to remember the person they lost. I want a fun funeral. My husband's grandfather passed away about 3 years ago at the age of 90. His funeral was attended by his kids, grand kids, great-grand kids, and even a few great-great-grand kids. We all got together and reminisced about our good memories of Howard. It was very nice and very few tears were shed, it was more about his family and legacy. That's what I want. That and I'd prefer for my body to be cremated after all usable organs have been harvested if that's possible. I'd like my ashes scattered somewhere, or possibly planted with a tree of some sort.
RE: Death, and then?
Before I die I need all my organs and so I will do my utmost to keep all my organs healthy and humming like a well oiled machine. After I die I would like every one of my organs harvested that can be harvested so that as many of those still living can profit from what I would no longer need.

The best tombstone I can think of would be inscribed with "Here would have lain so and so had his parts not been applied to keeping someone else alive".
Definitely an organ donor and what ever else could be used for science. The bits and pieces left over to be dumped into the sea if possible and if not then cremated.
Step 1: Harvest all the organs.
Step 2: Give the rest of the carcass to the med students or anyone who's in dire need of human remains.
Step 3: If anything is left, burn it!
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

seems like everyones united on this issue
(October 17, 2012 at 6:37 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: Step 1: Harvest all the organs.
Step 2: Give the rest of the carcass to the med students or anyone who's in dire need of human remains.
Step 3: If anything is left, burn it!

This.

No burial, no headstone, and I'd rather people throw a party than hold a traditional funeral.

Then again, I'll be dead, and I won't care any more.
If when I pop my clogs there is any part of me that is not toxic and hazardous to human health, I will not have lived to my full potential.
I am signed up on my drivers license as an organ donor. One, it may help someone that may need or want the leftovers, two, it may turn a decision to harvesting rather than vegetating.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(October 17, 2012 at 6:51 pm)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: seems like everyones united on this issue

http://youtu.be/0V1zpybK2pk

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you're really a spektic then explain this: jasonstackhouse 142 5803 February 24, 2024 at 7:28 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Atheists, if God doesnt exist, then explain why Keanu Reeves looks like Jesus Christ Frakki 9 1024 April 1, 2023 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  No soul? No free will and no responsibility then, yet the latter's essential... Duty 33 4078 August 26, 2020 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  [Serious] When God isn't the answer to the question, then what is? Catharsis 55 6858 May 31, 2019 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: SlowCalculations
  The bible teaches that there is no immortal soul and that death is the end MIND BLOWN LetThereBeNoGod 4 1745 February 16, 2017 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Near death experiences are not biblical and the bible itself debunks them (Proof) LetThereBeNoGod 0 1135 February 16, 2017 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: LetThereBeNoGod
  A Non-Religious Person's Meaning in Life and Death AFTT47 17 5002 January 12, 2016 at 12:52 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Atheist and the Death penalty strawdawg 125 28721 September 8, 2015 at 11:00 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Ended up having to get fit and then your reggiechasteen 1 952 May 8, 2015 at 9:02 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  A vision of the future and the death of religion Eager Mind 21 5408 January 30, 2015 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist