Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 7:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howdy
Howdy
Hey there. I'm joining from the ".com" forum, so this stuff is by no means new to me, and many of you will probably recognize me. My computer is having issues with the server on the other forum, and I finally amassed enough downtime to warrant joining this forum as well. : )

Bit about me: I'm a native Austinite, current Bostonian performer/ composer/ college student. I love graphic novels, theatre, songwriting, other writing, baking, Batman, pop culture analysis, Star Wars, satire, science, ladies, and talkin' 'bout stuff. I hate ignorance and liars more than anything.

Religious views: A-religious, although I prefer not to give myself any sort of title. I've never believed in any god, so I like to say that I'm in the "Default" mode of belief, whatever that is. I was utterly apathetic about religion until around this time last year, when someone I love deeply came out as bisexual and revealed to me how scared she was of ruining her relationship with her deeply religious family. This really pissed me off and I set about learning as much as I possibly could about the truth of religion and its relationship with science, history, and humanity. What I learned made me even angrier and more eager to do something, and the only method I could find to vent my energy was to head down to AF.com. It was a very good decision. Smile

I hope I fit in well here too!
RE: Howdy
Hello! Welcome to our little community, I'm sure you'll find it welcoming.
Hello and welcome to AF.org! At least we can boast of having nicer a nicer looking forum than the .com one Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Quote:My computer is having issues with the server on the other forum, and I finally amassed enough downtime to warrant joining this forum as well. : )

I had a similar experience some 3 years ago. My computer would not connect to AF.com and here I am. My son, (who is a computer tech) told me it was an "internet pointing error" but I think he makes shit up just to have something to tell me.

It got better but by then I was hooked here.

Enjoy yourself.
(October 17, 2012 at 6:29 pm)Minimalist Wrote: My son, (who is a computer tech) told me it was an "internet pointing error" but I think he makes shit up just to have something to tell me.

I think you may be on to something.
Hey there. I always though the term "Howdy" was a cliche.
(October 17, 2012 at 6:44 pm)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: Hey there. I always though the term "Howdy" was a cliche.

It is. I'm just goofy.
(October 17, 2012 at 6:46 pm)overlord fombax Wrote: It is. I'm just goofy.

donald ducks dog???????
(October 17, 2012 at 6:47 pm)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote:
(October 17, 2012 at 6:46 pm)overlord fombax Wrote: It is. I'm just goofy.

donald ducks dog???????

Absolutely.
(October 17, 2012 at 7:05 pm)overlord fombax Wrote:
(October 17, 2012 at 6:47 pm)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: donald ducks dog???????

Absolutely.

Welcome.

I'm reminded of a joke with the punchline "I didn't say Minnie's crazy, I said she's fucking Goofy!"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Howdy Munch 19 1217 May 2, 2019 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Howdy Icy 23 2166 July 22, 2018 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Howdy Imaginaryfriendless 35 4937 July 22, 2016 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Howdy from Texas! brian1570 71 7193 September 8, 2015 at 1:22 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Howdy! thehedglin 15 2479 August 30, 2015 at 2:45 pm
Last Post: MTL