Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello...refugee
Hello...refugee
I was hunting for info on http://www.atheistforums.com (which seems to have crashed ) and found this place.

Certainly, the name here has possibilities.
RE: Hello...refugee
Welcome M
Well, thank you. It is a bit weird to be welcomed to an atheism forum by a christian, though. I guess I can adjust.

Confused
Hey Minimalist,

Welcome to the forums.

Rhizo
Hi, welcome to the forum.
Personally, it's not God I dislike, it's his fan club I can't stand.
Thanks, guys.
(August 3, 2009 at 12:20 am)Minimalist Wrote: Well, thank you. It is a bit weird to be welcomed to an atheism forum by a christian, though. I guess I can adjust.

Confused

I like to discuss theology. So does everyone else here. If fact, that's the main thrust of the discussion. See the discussion area headers Huh *shrugs*. Do you not like discussing such reasoning then M? Why then would you be here? Pat on the back sorta non challenging discussion perhaps?
"Theology" as a discipline is flat out worthless. You may as well study astrology. History and archaeology are more my speed.

I really don't give a shit how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. I've seen pins but never an angel.

Quote: “What has 'theology' ever said that is of the smallest use to anybody? When has 'theology' ever said anything that is demonstrably true and is not obvious? What makes you think that 'theology' is a subject at all?”

--Richard Dawkins
(August 3, 2009 at 8:10 pm)Minimalist Wrote: "Theology" as a discipline is flat out worthless. You may as well study astrology. History and archaeology are more my speed.

I really don't give a shit how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. I've seen pins but never an angel.

Quote: “What has 'theology' ever said that is of the smallest use to anybody? When has 'theology' ever said anything that is demonstrably true and is not obvious? What makes you think that 'theology' is a subject at all?”

--Richard Dawkins

Well Hot damn! A new member after my heart. Some here have been saying the same thing yet Mr. Frodo and his Ilk seem to disagree. Maybe you might have more luck slapping some sense into them.

Doubtful, but hey, a man can dream can't he?
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Maybe but like a black bishop and a white bishop we are never going to be on the same color if all he wants to do is talk about "theology."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Twitter refugee, hello all Dizzyagain 27 1764 October 20, 2020 at 7:32 pm
Last Post: Dizzyagain
  Refugee thread! skyking 942 69531 January 16, 2019 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Yet Another Refugee Paleophyte 23 2352 November 18, 2018 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Aliza
  <----- Another TTA refugee devilsadvoc8 29 1793 October 1, 2018 at 7:57 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5978 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus