Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last presidential deabte, was there a winner?
Last presidential deabte, was there a winner?
I saw the first two debates, only a few minutes of this one. What i saw they looked about even again. I think Romney is doing so well because economy last four years has been pretty bad, if the economy was in better shape I don't think it would even be close. Now they are neck and neck in some polls though I believe Obama will pull it off but it''s gonna be tight.

Manowar
RE: Last presidential deabte, was there a winner?
I don't think these debates actually persuade anyone. Basically what I got from this last debate was: A question was asked. First person to answer stated the exact same policy as their opponent. Then proceeded to trash the other guy, Obama kept emphasizing that being more aggressive would alienate our allies, Romney kept saying that Obama wasn't pushing hard enough on the international community. But rarely did they offer differing policies. I think Obama took this one. Because he seemed to have a firmer grasp on how things are done in the international community. I agree that saber rattling just results in our allies reacting with a, "WTF, America?"
Apparently polls immediately after the debate suggested that Obama won.
Obama clearly won. It still bothers me that Romney ever came close to even being in this race and Obamas bad night in the first one hurt him badly. I only hope that the current paths to 270 maintain because the advantage is still in Obama's favor. But it may end up like 2OOO where Romney gets the popular vote but loses the college.

Now when I say wins, it aint over I am just talking about the debate. I still encourage those on my side to not let them win at the voting booth or assume there is enough of a fire wall. But Romney got his clock cleaned.

I loved a couple of knock down puches Romeny deserved, the biggest one was about the size of the Navey. Obama rightfully said we don't use "horses or bayonets". And also that we do actually have more Navey ships than we did in 07, in any case.

And he also bitch slapped him about Romney saying Russia was our worst enemy "The 80s called and they want their forgien policy back".

The only thing I really wish Obama had done which he did not do was nail Romney who has claimed that he is not Bush on the fact that 17 of his advisors were part of that Administration.

Romney has lied for 6 years. Told the truth about what he wanteded in his last failed attempt and during the primaries, but when he knew it wasn't a winning combo he mimics the populist left and both the comman man which Obama is fighting for. He is a lier and a con artist. The only thing he and republicans deserve credit for is that they know how to get the middle class and working poor who vote republican to vote against their own self intrest.

Romney needs to be defeted to send the message that while money has power votes cannot be bought. We means we.

Corporate America is only ONE part of our economy and has no fucking entitlement to use money to bully the rest of us. Owning a business is one aspect of society but it is not the only aspect.

So all of us private sector commie loving stalin loving Obama loving fascists need to deafeat those freedom loving gun toten bayonet huggers.
WW*

*(Bonus rep point for anyone who gets the reference.)
(October 23, 2012 at 11:36 am)Brian37 Wrote: But it may end up like 2OOO where Romney gets the popular vote but loses the college.

If that happens, I look forward to telling Romney supporters to "get over it".

If it happens twice in such a short period of time, it may spur us on to abolish this outdated institution, a relic of a bygone era when we communicated via horseback. Were it not so difficult to amend our constitution, we'd have done it long ago.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Agreed, the electoral college needs to go.
(October 23, 2012 at 12:08 pm)Minimalist Wrote: WW*

Willy Wonka (meme)
(October 23, 2012 at 1:09 pm)festive1 Wrote: Agreed, the electoral college needs to go.
That would be a real step forward for democracy in America. When you have a system where a candidate can win the election with 22% of the popular vote, you have a real problem.
(October 23, 2012 at 1:54 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(October 23, 2012 at 1:09 pm)festive1 Wrote: Agreed, the electoral college needs to go.
That would be a real step forward for democracy in America. When you have a system where a candidate can win the election with 22% of the popular vote, you have a real problem.

We need to work on our gerrymandering issue too, both parties are really bad about it. Ah, if I had a magic wand... I promise I'd only use it for good! Angel Cloud

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 US Presidential Election Thumpalumpacus 965 38328 March 27, 2024 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 1452 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Biden's first Presidential adress. Brian37 11 914 April 30, 2021 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Anyone watch last night's debate? Brian37 9 797 September 30, 2020 at 9:28 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Your Presidential Candidate. onlinebiker 17 1823 November 2, 2019 at 1:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  What job experience would you like to see in a Presidential candidate? onlinebiker 44 2302 February 14, 2019 at 8:26 am
Last Post: Yonadav
  Elizabeth Warren Last Night With Stephen Colbert Minimalist 4 897 November 21, 2017 at 6:15 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Gender reversal in the presidential debates John V 11 4262 June 3, 2017 at 7:58 am
Last Post: brewer
  Top Russian Officials Discussed How to Influence Trump Aides Last Summer Foxaèr 5 1663 May 25, 2017 at 8:27 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Looks like Macron wins French Presidential Election easily TheRealJoeFish 30 7415 May 8, 2017 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Nanny