Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 9:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change Kudos to Likes?
Change Kudos to Likes?
Maybe this is a cow turd that has already been sniffed and batted about but I'm wondering if we've ever considered using "likes" instead of "kudos" for the thumbs-up button. This may seem trivial to others, and perhaps it is trivial, but in other forums I've personally found it easier (emotionally) to like a post than I'm finding it here to award a kudo. I know I'm a bit of a curmudgeon in this area anyway, but has anyone else found the same for them? Tiberius, is kudo something that was deliberately selected, rather than like?
[Image: generic_sig.jpg]
RE: Change Kudos to Likes?
I like kudos. Kudos. The word rolls off the tongue.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
The site is based in Britain. It separates them from us dolts in the colonies.
I think old boy, you may find it's an old young thing, rather than Atlantic separation. Toodle pip.
We originally used the word "kudos" to separate it from Facebook's "likes". It was first trialed as "recommended posts", but obviously that doesn't really roll off the tongue. If enough people want it to change, we'll do it though.
(October 29, 2012 at 6:42 pm)Minimalist Wrote: The site is based in Britain. It separates them from us dolts in the colonies.
Well, the site is physically located in France. However it is run by a team that consists of people from all sorts of countries. The majority of users are probably from the US.
I like kudos, for what it's worth. I'm over Facebook, I like that the kudos is different.
(October 29, 2012 at 6:24 pm)Annik Wrote: I like kudos. Kudos. The word rolls off the tongue.

"Kudo" is a great word and I agree that it rolls off the tongue, but a kudo is a statement of praise or approval, whereas "like" means to take pleasure in; find agreeable or congenial. It's much more lightweight and freely given. Wouldn't you enjoy getting more "likes" rather than fewer "kudos"?

(October 29, 2012 at 7:03 pm)festive1 Wrote: I like kudos, for what it's worth. I'm over Facebook, I like that the kudos is different.

Hmmm, I think your true heart was revealed by not saying "I kudo kudos,"
[Image: generic_sig.jpg]
Nope. I like getting kudos.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Never understood why it matters to begin with. A bland answer I suppose.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
(October 29, 2012 at 7:10 pm)Annik Wrote: Nope. I like getting kudos.
Have some kudos.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Petition Poll for username change Foxaèr 17 2095 March 7, 2021 at 9:38 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
Sad Me no like change. Me sad GUBU 12 1274 September 21, 2018 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Giving kudos no longer available on mobile version? Foxaèr 4 1292 May 29, 2018 at 10:58 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  My Kudos brewer 7 1865 July 21, 2017 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  OMG, I want to change my username again! Foxaèr 52 11249 July 10, 2017 at 6:31 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  You already gave kudos - wrongly so abaris 7 1932 May 22, 2016 at 4:22 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Shoutbox Kudos! Edwardo Piet 4 1363 April 11, 2016 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Kudos/reputation LadyForCamus 69 13587 March 3, 2016 at 8:41 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Atheist Forums Must Change Cinjin 47 8485 January 30, 2016 at 8:06 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Can We Have Specific Kudos? Rhondazvous 73 10457 January 22, 2016 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: vorlon13