Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today, in Republican Hypocrisy
Today, in Republican Hypocrisy
So Rep. Scott DesJarlais from Tennessee is not having such a great day. He's a pro-lifer who pressured his mistress to get an abortion. And was then given support by his second mistress, who disclosed they smoked pot together... In his favor, he did cook her dinner first. Yeah, and the NRA endorsed him too.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/in-t..._blog.html
RE: Today, in Republican Hypocrisy
LOL after something like that your political career in Europe would be over!
According to his campaign, he's up 13 points in the polls...
Dinner BEFORE pot? No way, that doesn't go well... Its pot before dinner, when the munchies kick in Big Grin
(October 30, 2012 at 8:42 am)The_Germans_are_coming Wrote: LOL after something like that your political career in Europe would be over!

In America, we have a saying, "IOKIYAR". That stands for "It's OK If You Are Republican".

For example, Democrat Anthony Wiener had to resign for his sex scandal. Republican David Vitter is still in the Senate after his.

It doesn't just apply to sex scandals either. Mitt Romney can flip flop all he wants. He can completely change every position he took only days earlier. Changing positions was fatal to John Kerry but somehow the charge doesn't mean anything to Romney's supporters. None of that matters to his base because they are mindless zombies who will always pull the lever for Republican no matter how bad the candidate is.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Here in the USA our standard for politicians is particularly low. If you can tell the people what they want to hear convincingly, much can be forgiven. Republicans just want to hear more socially conservative lies from their candidates. But this story. Wow. Talk about living inside the bubble! I wonder what percent of those planning to vote for this sleazeball have heard the story and don't believe it has been concocted by the enemy to pick on their guy.
What makes me giggle most is that the guy's second mistress came forward to defend him and tell everyone what a great guy he is. I don't have a problem with anyone smoking pot, but the Republican party certainly does.
Oh My Ghey God!! is about all I can say!

And these idiots seriously expect to take public office? Confused Fall
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(October 30, 2012 at 8:57 am)DeistPaladin Wrote: In America, we have a saying, "IOKIYAR". That stands for "It's OK If You Are Republican".

IOKIYAR is an expression we use in America? Really? Well I can see why - it's so catchy! IOKIYAR! IOKIYAR everybody! I can just imagine you guys in your Mao suits shouting this out at the party meeting. Oh wait, I don't have to imagine it - found it.

[Image: IOKIYAR.jpg]
[Image: generic_sig.jpg]
(October 30, 2012 at 8:47 am)LastPoet Wrote: Dinner BEFORE pot? No way, that doesn't go well... Its pot before dinner, when the munchies kick in Big Grin

Always eat before you smoke, otherwise you end up over indulging. Stoner rule #1

He's got my vote. jk
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who will be next Republican presidential candidate? Fake Messiah 28 1451 June 13, 2022 at 2:49 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  The prospect of starting a family in today's economic system Macoleco 23 2245 October 3, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Republican Party Purge Foxaèr 11 714 April 15, 2021 at 11:27 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Republican Representative compares his party's fight to Imperial Japanese Soldiers Rev. Rye 2 265 November 24, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The Republican America Foxaèr 19 1077 November 23, 2020 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  I voted today. Brian37 17 889 October 25, 2020 at 10:48 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  If your senator is Republican... Gawdzilla Sama 5 568 October 5, 2020 at 12:15 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Compare Joe Biden In 2012 To Him Today: Signs of Dementia Are Clear ReptilianPeon 11 1878 April 12, 2020 at 6:00 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1029 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Anyone going to watch Mueller today? Brian37 33 5011 July 26, 2019 at 8:24 am
Last Post: Amarok