Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I don't fear hell.
Why I don't fear hell.
The reason I don't fear Hell is because Heaven is in fact even hotter than hell. Don't believe me.
[Image: 560576_457747074264264_1112960786_n.jpg]
I would rather be in the cooler hell, how about you?
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: Why I don't fear hell.
Oh you wonderful person you! Great

I have been trying to track this down and post here. (Saw it on FB a while ago)

YAY science. Proving that heaven is hell and hell is heaven!! Heart it Tongue
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Heaven is hell because it would be full of pompous, boring, jesus freaks.
Inb4 somebody counters with "pressure."
Nemo me impune lacessit.
Yep! All that "Hot Air" Angel
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(October 30, 2012 at 10:43 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Oh you wonderful person you! Great

I have been trying to track this down and post here. (Saw it on FB a while ago)

YAY science. Proving that heaven is hell and hell is heaven!! Heart it Tongue

I first saw this as part of one of the "Things Creationists Hate" essays. In fact the text seems to be lifted from it. The diagram makes it so much clearer though.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
It does Stimbo, doesn't it! ?
I'm afraid I have to say that there's a tiny flaw with the Stefan–Boltzmann formula up there... It assumes that the full spectrum of radiation from the sun hits and is absorbed by heaven.
Well, the verse only mentions light, so one could argue that only the visible part of the EM spectrum exists in heaven and, thus, we would have to cut a good portion of the energy that falls upon that place.
When you're dead, you're dead.

Temperature is not a cause for concern in the eternal void of oblivion.
Simply saying "I don't fear Hell because the place is fictional" would have worked but would have also been less entertaining. Kudos.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why do some people condone hell? SuicideCommando01 45 5404 May 22, 2020 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Prayers don't work so why do religious keep jabbing at it? Fake Messiah 65 9663 August 26, 2019 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Why Creationists don't realize the biblical Creation is just jewish mythology? android17ak47 65 8328 July 27, 2019 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  HELL or not HELL? Little Rik 91 11387 November 10, 2018 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Why We don't take your Holy Scriptures Seriously vulcanlogician 75 7591 October 25, 2018 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fear of hell is in our dna... ignoramus 15 2062 September 20, 2018 at 10:02 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  Fear Mystic 10 1905 March 28, 2018 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Look i don't really care if you believe or don't believe Ronia 20 7845 August 25, 2017 at 4:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Why doesn't hell in Islam and Christianity have Cold as torture? Spixri 33 9207 April 7, 2017 at 10:05 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Why don't Christians admire/LOVE SATAN instead of the biblical God? ProgrammingGodJordan 18 3587 January 21, 2017 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama