Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 4:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disney Just Bought Lucasfilm
Disney Just Bought Lucasfilm
http://www.geekosystem.com/disney-acquires-lucasfilm/

Disney Acquires Lucasfilm, Star Wars: Episode 7 Coming in 2015

Quote:In news we didn’t exactly see coming on the even of Halloween, NBA opening night, and the day after Hurricane Sandy devastated parts of New York and New Jersey, The Walt Disney Company just announced that they’re set to acquire Lucasfilm, and that the next official Star Wars trilogy, starting with episode seven, is projected to kick off in 2015. Yes, you can now make the joke that Leia is a Disney princess.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
RE: Disney Just Bought Lucasfilm
Oh dear.
From espressofrog:

Quote:Oh yes, the magnificent brilliant Indiana Jones 4 that every film school teaches in their classes because it's so much better than Citizen Kane. I side with the South Park people, Lucas has locked and rapped his own kids and it's about time social services take those away from him.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
[Image: luke-skywalker-noooooo.jpg]
I just got a message about this on Facebook. The film editor behind the amazing fan edit series Star Wars: Revisited, known only as Adywan, which I've mentioned before, was in the middle of The Empire Strike Back when this news broke. The project might now not see the light of day, let alone the long-term ambition to go through the whole series.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Hollywood's penis into collective childhood again in 3... 2...
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
if Walt Disney would still be alive, Star Wars episode 7 would have the bignosed evil race of the jewbacas apear, who after seizing control over the financial markets would build a gigantic death david star.
Like this, you mean?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAZhtT-dUyo
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
wow i almoust forgot about this. i watched it years ago.
i know exactly which movie i now will be watching tonight
You're welcome! Actually I just realised, watching it, that the song is almost exactly the same as the big musical number from his later and less funny "Robin Hood: Men In Tights". Recycling?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 568 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 455 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Valk's is writing for Disney?? no one 3 362 August 27, 2021 at 6:56 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Deal alert -- just bought The God Delusion for $3.73 Jehanne 5 737 March 16, 2019 at 12:57 am
Last Post: Peterkin
  My extreme love for Walt Disney World Distheist 7 1163 February 3, 2018 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Can I Just Say and I'm just being honest (Holiday Edition) Mystical 9 2137 November 25, 2016 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Lucasfilm's insane attitudes towards "piracy" Aractus 5 1582 December 3, 2015 at 8:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Okay so I bought this stupid antique... Aractus 13 2356 January 15, 2015 at 3:19 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Bought a New Hobby Cinjin 5 2603 May 16, 2012 at 7:44 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko