Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Me
Me
It would seem that some of you do not mind my antics, while others of you consider me a scourge on this forum. I think some of you have simply misjudged me. I am just a playful guy who means no harm. Rest assured, I am very lovable, once you get to know me. That's really the problem: you have not gotten to know me. All it takes is a little patience, and open-mindedness. I look forward to getting to know you guys (and girls) as well.

With love,
Spectrum
RE: Me
I think you are unrelentingly heartless at times and completely inconsiderate of others. Untill you prove otherwise my opinion will not change.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
(October 31, 2012 at 3:27 am)JohnDG Wrote: I think you are unrelentingly heartless at times and completely inconsiderate of others.

Am I? I don't mean anything by it.
(October 31, 2012 at 3:35 am)Spectrum Wrote:
(October 31, 2012 at 3:27 am)JohnDG Wrote: I think you are unrelentingly heartless at times and completely inconsiderate of others.

Am I? I don't mean anything by it.

Don't forget the medium that we're limited by. The internet is an ambiguous place.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
The internet does not control my humanity and I will not let it. I will be true to who I am always even if it makes me unpopular.
Live every day as if already dead, that way you're not disappointed when you are. Big Grin
(October 31, 2012 at 3:40 am)JohnDG Wrote: The internet does not control my humanity and I will not let it. I will be true to who I am always even if it makes me unpopular.

Huh? What I was getting at is that you need to be crystal clear about what your intentions are. If you make a joke that is close to crossing the line, then maybe an emoticon to go with that would ensure that you weren't being dead serious but just silly.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
(October 31, 2012 at 3:43 am)FallentoReason Wrote:
(October 31, 2012 at 3:40 am)JohnDG Wrote: The internet does not control my humanity and I will not let it. I will be true to who I am always even if it makes me unpopular.

Huh? What I was getting at is that you need to be crystal clear about what your intentions are. If you make a joke that is close to crossing the line, then maybe an emoticon to go with that would ensure that you weren't being dead serious but just silly.

Well I haven't joked much yet on AF and I simply don't understand some of the jokes, maybe it's just that I'm trying to come at people like I would if we met face to face. It seems to me most people are more interested in showing how insane they can be, I'm not very good at that.

But perhaps I come off as the craziest for being the way I am.
(October 31, 2012 at 3:52 am)JohnDG Wrote:
(October 31, 2012 at 3:43 am)FallentoReason Wrote: Huh? What I was getting at is that you need to be crystal clear about what your intentions are. If you make a joke that is close to crossing the line, then maybe an emoticon to go with that would ensure that you weren't being dead serious but just silly.

Well I haven't joked much yet on AF and I simply don't understand some of the jokes, maybe it's just that I'm trying to come at people like I would if we met face to face. It seems to me most people are more interested in showing how insane they can be, I'm not very good at that.

But perhaps I come off as the craziest for being the way I am.

My approach is a pretty serious one. I'm here for discussion full stop I guess.
Don't care TL;DR

Welcome
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
For me there is a difference between having a pop, and pushing someone into a corner. It seems to me it is good to pop a bubble of pomposity, but to pursue someone until they have to turn and fight is in my book bullying. I know you can be a good judge of character, and you have a talent, but you don't need to use all your weapons, every time. humm maybe if you were a little more covert.