Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proof that God doesn't exist
Proof that God doesn't exist
This is an extension of another thread that I started. I've fully fleshed out the idea and came to a definite conclusion using God himself.

Let's assume the Judeo-Christian god is real. This would imply that he created the universe and the Bible is his inspired word. Therefore, from these two facts, it follows that he cannot exist, as I will show.

The Two Realms

The universe is his creation. Because he willed it into being, it must be a reflection of how he wanted a universe to be like. Therefore, all observations through science (which is merely using nature "against" itself to derive observations and conclusions) must be reflecting the inner-workings of what he set forth in motion.

The Bible is his word. Part of his will was to create beings that he could love. Because of the intricate complexity of love, these beings were given free will, which inevitably meant God would have to reach down and provide a way out of what we caused. Therefore, the Bible was intended to spread the Good News of who we are, what our purpose is and ultimately how much we are loved by the one that created us.

The Conclusions

These are the two realms that God willed. One is the physical world and the other is his word that we can read to make sense of this physical experience. Because God willed the physical world into being, it implies that what we observe must be what he intended the universe to be like. If God also willed the Bible into eventual existence, then again, it implies that he must love us and have that plan of salvation for us. If the second assumption is 100% true, then it means he cannot possibly deceive in any way, as that would ultimately reveal that he is mischievous and this love that he has for us could be a mere illusion. Therefore, he cannot be a deceiver which ultimately means no part of his will can be in apparent conflict.

The Problem

This leads us to the first couple of chapters of his word. It seems like there is an apparent contradiction between the universe he willed and the words he willed into the Bible. Given that when we take the universe he created and we yield results with it that are a cause of the laws of his universe, we can rest assured that the interpretation of the universe is exactly what he willed. This means that the universe really is 13.7 billion years old and that the earth is 4.5 billion years old. What does that mean for the words he willed into existence? Well, because no part of him can be contradicting his own will, it must mean that the interpretation of Genesis has to be allegorical. This implies Adam & Eve weren't literal beings which then means we didn't descend from them.

Dominoes.

This is where the problem begins, as the entire Bible gets knocked down like dominoes from literal history to allegorical interpretation. The 4 000 or so year family tree leading up to Jesus is supposed to be an unbroken series of relatives, but we have just shown that through God's will there was no first couple to start this off. More to the point, Original Sin never physically occurred so what does it actually mean for Jesus to be redeeming us of something that entered the world "through one man"?. Well, whatever Jesus is saving us from, it definitely isn't Original Sin. So, why then does Jesus, i.e. God, say that's exactly what he's doing?

Do-mi-NOES.

God is not a deceiver. From one extremity of his will to another, there cannot be any contradictions. But we have himself telling us through Jesus that he is here to save us from Original Sin. But we logically showed that from the universe he willed it follows that his intention wasn't to take the words he willed literally. Therefore, like Adam & Eve knocking the historicity of the Bible down from creation onwards, Jesus the Christ knocks down God's apparent and logical will in reverse. Jesus' own words makes it seem like God's written word must actually be taken literally.

[Image: two_sided_splash-t2.jpg]

It seems like God is at war with his own will which to us looks like God is deceiving somewhere along the line. The only way to avoid this is if he willed his own non-existence i.e. there was no Judeo-Christian god in the beginning who willed things contradictory to his own will. More probable though, is that we're dealing with nothing more than Bronze Age superstition.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
RE: Proof that God doesn't exist
Doesn't this just show that a literal interpretation is false due to contradictions but an allegorical one isn't necessarily? The trinity of "God" could exist and "God" could have created the universe and you could remove all the contradictions out, could you not?
No where in the bible is the earth nor the universe given a 'born on date.' You or rather the orginal source of this arguement is confusing a very specific apologetic for biblical content.
Therefore invalidating the conclusion of this arguement. in that a possiable interpertation or understanding about what the bible doesn't actually speak of, is not the same as actual biblical content.
(October 31, 2012 at 11:20 am)DoubtVsFaith Wrote: Doesn't this just show that a literal interpretation is false due to contradictions but an allegorical one isn't necessarily? The trinity of "God" could exist and "God" could have created the universe and you could remove all the contradictions out, could you not?

If it's all allegorical, then how do we interpret the life of Jesus? What exactly was he redeeming us from? His entire message falls apart.

EDIT: by his "life" I mean that because his relatives leading up to him are all allegorical, how do we actually make sense of Jesus' ministry? We're left with no choice but to suppose Jesus' life wasn't an earthly occurrence.

(October 31, 2012 at 11:30 am)Drich Wrote: No where in the bible is the earth nor the universe given a 'born on date.'

Evolution is another observed occurrence in God's universe. Adam & Eve seem allegorical again.

Quote:You or rather the orginal source of this arguement

100% my thoughts thank you very much.

Quote: is confusing a very specific apologetic for biblical content.
Therefore invalidating the conclusion of this arguement. in that a possiable interpertation or understanding about what the bible doesn't actually speak of, is not the same as actual biblical content.

Once again, evolution my friend.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
(October 31, 2012 at 11:30 am)Drich Wrote: No where in the bible is the earth nor the universe given a 'born on date.' You or rather the orginal source of this arguement is confusing a very specific apologetic for biblical content.

The bible gives many "born on" dates for things, specifically relative to other things. The creation account is chock full of them. Genesis 14 (as an example that cuts through your bullshit) puts the "born on" date of the earth (and curiously seed bearing plants, trees, and fruiting flora) before the "born on" date of the sun and moon. No matter what you choose to interpret the "days" in genesis as that will yield a date. That those dates cannot be reconciled with reality is again independent of whatever you choose to interpret the "days" in genesis as. There is no need to address a specific apologetic because there is no possible means of reconciliation.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 31, 2012 at 11:33 am)FallentoReason Wrote:
(October 31, 2012 at 11:20 am)DoubtVsFaith Wrote: Doesn't this just show that a literal interpretation is false due to contradictions but an allegorical one isn't necessarily? The trinity of "God" could exist and "God" could have created the universe and you could remove all the contradictions out, could you not?

If it's all allegorical, then how do we interpret the life of Jesus? What exactly was he redeeming us from? His entire message falls apart.

EDIT: by his "life" I mean that because his relatives leading up to him are all allegorical, how do we actually make sense of Jesus' ministry? We're left with no choice but to suppose Jesus' life wasn't an earthly occurrence.

(October 31, 2012 at 11:30 am)Drich Wrote: No where in the bible is the earth nor the universe given a 'born on date.'

Evolution is another observed occurrence in God's universe. Adam & Eve seem allegorical again.

Quote:You or rather the orginal source of this arguement

100% my thoughts thank you very much.

Quote: is confusing a very specific apologetic for biblical content.

Once again, evolution my friend.

The bible does not confirm nor deny the existance of evolution buddy. The only account given is in what happens in the Garden. The only thing we can say for sure is that it did not happen there.
(October 31, 2012 at 11:33 am)FallentoReason Wrote: If it's all allegorical, then how do we interpret the life of Jesus? What exactly was he redeeming us from?

I have no idea, but that doesn't prove that there isn't something that he's redeeming us from.

Quote:[...]by his "life" I mean that because his relatives leading up to him are all allegorical, how do we actually make sense of Jesus' ministry?
If the virgin birth was allegorical then the literal existence of Jesus as god incarnate could still be possible, but by different means. I have no idea how. But it's a logical possibility in that there's no logical contradiction that shows that that can't be so.
Drich Wrote:The bible does not confirm nor deny the existance of evolution buddy. The only account given is in what happens in the Garden. The only thing we can say for sure is that it did not happen there.

Forget the words God willed for a second. You've forgotten that his first will (the universe) is returning an explanation that we now call evolution. Assuming we're not being deceived, this dictates that God's words are allegorical.
(October 31, 2012 at 11:41 am)Rhythm Wrote:
Quote:The bible gives many "born on" dates for things, specifically relative to other things. The creation account is chock full of them. Genesis 14 (as an example that cuts through your bullshit)
The bulk of Genesis 14 is about the lot's captivity. I read Gen 14 and did not see a "born on date." Are you sure you have the right reference. If so then please explain/show it to me.

Quote:puts the "born on" date of the earth (and curiously seed bearing plants, trees, and fruiting flora) before the "born on" date of the sun and moon. No matter what you choose to interpret the "days" in genesis as that will yield a date. That those dates cannot be reconciled with reality is again independent of whatever you choose to interpret the "days" in genesis as.
In the "Days of creation" There isn't a time line that has been established as to how long 'in the beginning" actually was, nor what took place then, for: 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was[a] on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

This is a statement made part from what happened on "Day one" (The creation of Light.) All of these elements God created "In the beginning" Before light was created on Day one. And again "In the beginning" There isn't a time framed mentioned. So again. No Born on date Wink

Quote:There is no need to address a specific apologetic because there is no possible means of reconciliation.
Big Grin I know you want this to be true so that you can dismiss what you can't responsiably argue. So lets see if/when you fall back on this little escape clause you tagged onto your opening arguement.

(October 31, 2012 at 11:54 am)FallentoReason Wrote: [quote="Drich"]The bible does not confirm nor deny the existance of evolution buddy. The only account given is in what happens in the Garden. The only thing we can say for sure is that it did not happen there.

Forget the words God willed for a second. You've forgotten that his first will (the universe) is returning an explanation that we now call evolution. Assuming we're not being deceived, this dictates that God's words are allegorical.

Not nessarily. For this could also mean we simply do not have a complete understanding of God word, nor the universe He created. How persumptious does one have to be to boast a conclusion with only a partial understanding? This to mee seems like a fools folly.
(October 31, 2012 at 11:53 am)DoubtVsFaith Wrote:
(October 31, 2012 at 11:33 am)FallentoReason Wrote: If it's all allegorical, then how do we interpret the life of Jesus? What exactly was he redeeming us from?

I have no idea, but that doesn't prove that there isn't something that he's redeeming us from.

Quote:[...]by his "life" I mean that because his relatives leading up to him are all allegorical, how do we actually make sense of Jesus' ministry?
If the virgin birth was allegorical then the literal existence of Jesus as god incarnate could still be possible, but by different means. I have no idea how. But it's a logical possibility in that there's no logical contradiction that shows that that can't be so.

I can see a few possibilities stemming from this:

100% allegory

No A&E means no earthly Jesus. Just revelations of him through the spirit. The problem is that we still have those verses that insist A&E were literal humans...not too sure where to go from here.

Jesus existed somehow

This is really saying something about God's properties; that he couldn't control how his word would turn out. If we have to deny all the apparent connections between the OT and NT and say Jesus was born indepenent of what the OT says, then that's just a pretty sloppy job of God willing his word into existence. This isn't very intellectually satisfying, but I guess it could be. I don't know what that even means for the theology then.

Drich Wrote:Not nessarily. For this could also mean we simply do not have a complete understanding of God word, nor the universe He created. How persumptious does one have to be to boast a conclusion with only a partial understanding? This to mee seems like a fools folly.

So I'm presomptuous while as a Christian you readily claim on a whim that you know where the universe came from? Evolution is evident. I highly doubt we've misunderstood why we have a tail bone, why snakes have pelvic bones, why our DNA is 98% to that of monkey's DNA, why whales have undeveloped hind legs etc etc. All of this would be deceptive if evolution is wrong. Therefore, through God's will, Genesis is allegorical.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Brick If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist zwanzig 738 35162 June 28, 2023 at 10:48 am
Last Post: emjay
  Why doesn't God love his enemies? Fake Messiah 16 1304 November 30, 2022 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  On this world if humans ceased to exist would god cease to exist? brewer 58 12246 November 24, 2017 at 3:17 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  So, why doesn't Scripture uniquely endorse a specific denomination ? vorlon13 36 10448 November 22, 2017 at 5:27 am
Last Post: Cod
  My dad doesn't view Christianity as superior Der/die AtheistIn 0 646 November 10, 2017 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  Proof that there is no God Nihilist Virus 10 2324 March 31, 2017 at 1:58 am
Last Post: ronedee
  Christians, your god is gay. I have proof! rado84 82 18654 March 10, 2017 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  I Have Proof the the Christian God Does Not and Cannot Eist Rhondazvous 89 13819 July 5, 2016 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Hell and God cant Co-exist. Socratic Meth Head 440 44660 June 22, 2016 at 8:15 am
Last Post: madog
Shocked Proof that god, exists. Checkmate atheists! Christian Poe-try 25 8042 May 31, 2016 at 9:10 am
Last Post: Homeless Nutter