Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you do when life gets you down
What do you do when life gets you down
I get depressed and don't go anywhere. I become a hermit. What about you?
RE: What do you do when life gets you down
I'm retired. Life can't get me down.
Usually a hefty bowel movement makes life all rainbows, bluebirds and butterflies.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
Drugs.

Alcohol is a drug, as a public awareness notice BTW.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
I used to isolate a lot. I still do. But it helps to talk with someone I trust when I'm feeling down.
(October 31, 2012 at 9:31 pm)festive1 Wrote: I used to isolate a lot. I still do. But it helps to talk with someone I trust when I'm feeling down.

You're right about that one. I'll have to talk to someone I can trust. Lately I don't feel like I can trust talking to my family. Sad Just dealing with some issues lately...

I can't say I have any one response.

I isolate a lot, but mostly because I'm shy and a loner and an intermectual.

I drink, post on forums, chat on irc, sleep, listen to music, watch crime shows, collect photos, browse the internet.

I read a lot these days, but usually in prep for a book club. I don't tend to read recreationally, depressed or not, and that gets me down.

I think I'll have a drink. And put on some tunes.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
And there is always masterbation.
I used to tell a lot of religious jokes. Not any more, I'm a registered sects offender.
---------------
...the least christian thing a person can do is to become a christian. ~Chuck
---------------
NO MA'AM
[Image: attemptingtogiveadamnc.gif]
An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. "A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy.

"It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego." He continued, "The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

Answering your question of "what to do when life gets you down":

Don't feed the evil wolf who's responsible for negative thoughts. Choose not to be down about life.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
(October 31, 2012 at 9:53 pm)rainbowdash274 Wrote:
(October 31, 2012 at 9:31 pm)festive1 Wrote: I used to isolate a lot. I still do. But it helps to talk with someone I trust when I'm feeling down.

You're right about that one. I'll have to talk to someone I can trust. Lately I don't feel like I can trust talking to my family. Sad Just dealing with some issues lately...

I'll talk with you, I'm a good listener.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheist Discussion down Thumpalumpacus 16 1172 June 15, 2022 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Do you and yours wear thermal under clothes when the weather gets cold? Duty 46 3085 November 15, 2018 at 11:06 am
Last Post: Duty
  Cats Will Not Take This Lying Down Minimalist 81 9193 September 1, 2018 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Shut Everything Down - Barack Obama Just Won The Internet BrianSoddingBoru4 30 2567 August 5, 2018 at 1:26 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  First World problems getting you down? We're here for support. ignoramus 68 7060 June 18, 2018 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Curious how one gets the "jerkoff" emoticon next to one's name Foxaèr 29 5111 April 17, 2018 at 9:39 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Deep Down I Wish I Could Just Hug You Fuckers Edwardo Piet 25 2686 October 18, 2017 at 1:33 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Putin is hands down the best president right now ErGingerbreadMandude 22 3763 October 5, 2017 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  How Social Media Is Dumbing Down Our Society Foxaèr 5 2190 July 17, 2017 at 10:31 am
Last Post: Aroura
  Just wanted to share something I wrote because I'm feeling kind of down WisdomOfTheTrees 1 817 April 23, 2017 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Athene