Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Congradulations Michael Mann!
Congradulations Michael Mann!
[Image: mannq.jpg]

A good friend of mine just sent me this, I nearly peed! Well I suppose he's certainly more deserving than the EU because at least he didn't contribute to bad policies ... oh what, that's exactly what he did, never mind then! Seems he is just as worthy as the EU then, ROFL!

Honoring Michael Mann’s Nobel Prize
To mark Michael Mann’s Nobel Prize, we bought this full-page ad that ran in today’s Penn State student newspaper.
—Rich Lowry is the editor of National Review.

Link.

Proof that it actually ran: Link.

He thinks the IPCC's prize is his. Link - includes a picture of a letter Mann produced on Facebook from the IPCC that supposedly means the prize is his (ROFL).

Here's a video explaining why he's holding a tree ring by the way:

RE: Congradulations Michael Mann!
Oh fuck not another global warming skeptic.
Why does being a christian seem to demand a rejection of all good science.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(November 5, 2012 at 4:01 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Oh fuck not another global warming skeptic.

Count me in too. Now I'll be even more popular!

(November 5, 2012 at 4:01 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Why does being a christian seem to demand a rejection of all good science.

Good science makes good predictions. If the predictions of an offered theory turn out to be consistently wrong, then it's good idea to reject the theory. That's why I don't accept the AGW theory.
[Image: generic_sig.jpg]
(November 5, 2012 at 4:01 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Oh fuck not another global warming skeptic.
Why does being a christian seem to demand a rejection of all good science.
I have a great interest in science. A few months back Mann was on Lateline, and he defended his tree-ring data. Then he spurted on about how Australia is going to face certain and specific disaster from a warmer world - more drought, etc. It was basically just a regurgitation of what Tim Flannery tells us all the time (and look how his predictions have worked out Rolleyes ), with the exception that Mann is a climate scientist and not just some extremist loony.

A Mann's got to know his limitations.
You know, for a minute there, I thought this thread was about the director Michael Mann. Y'know, the guy who directed Manhunter, Heat, Last of the Mohicans, The Insider, and Collateral. Now there's a guy who deserves an award.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.