Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Washington State legalizes marijuana for adults.
Washington measure 502 legalizes marijuana for adults.

Booyah!

A summary of the new state law:

* State civil and criminal prohibitions on growing, manufacturing, distributing, and possessing marijuana removed for adults 21 and over, subject to state regulations.

* Growing, processing, and selling marijuana legal for license holders (different license classes for growing, processing, and retail sale).

* Paraphenalia are legal for sale by licensed retailers.

* Fee structures for licensing and applications are established, and prohibitions on growing locations are established (not within 1,000 feet of any school, playground, recreation centers, child care center, park, transit center, library, or game arcade).

* Persons under 21 are still prohibited.

* Establishes advertising regulations.

* Establishes state quality standards and testing processes.

* An excise tax of 25% of selling price is established at each level of production and distribution. State and local sales taxes also apply.

* DUII laws are amended to specifically prohibit driving under the influence of marijuana.

The taxation is a bit onerous, but all in all it's not bad.
RE: Washington State legalizes marijuana for adults.
A step in the right direction at least.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
Wow, that is god-damn good legalization right there. That's about as decriminalized as it can get. The tax is a bit...eh, it's a bit rough, but in truth it's not too bad. Just means it'll be a bit more expensive but you'll be able to get it just about anywhere.

Considering moving to Washington anyway, among others. I always did have a bit of a green thumb...a dank-green thumb in fact. Always wanted to start growing my own crop. Might be a good place to start now.
Washington State: the new Netherlands?
Given the current state of our collective finances, I think taxing the hell out of pot is the way to go. Hooray, Washington!
Congratulations!

So whats the deal with your federal government and this though, what is expected to happen?
Nemo me impune lacessit.
(November 7, 2012 at 8:22 am)festive1 Wrote: Given the current state of our collective finances, I think taxing the hell out of pot is the way to go. Hooray, Washington!

.. and smoking more pot becomes the new patriotic thing to do. Want to help reduce the national debt? Buy some pot.
I need to move to Washington.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
This is great news, but I am curious. Can a blood test tell if you've been smoking pot only within the past day? If not, they are going to be seeing a lot of false positives.
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
(November 7, 2012 at 9:18 am)Stue Denim Wrote: Congratulations!

So whats the deal with your federal government and this though, what is expected to happen?

Federally, it's still illegal, but they don't have enough DEA for this. ;D

I really believe this is a step in the right direction. Watch as this state gets RICH! Lol
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ayn Rand blamed for current state of America Foxaèr 61 3107 June 24, 2021 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: no one
  Has Mark Samsel Done A Good Job As A Kansas State Representative? BrianSoddingBoru4 11 1092 May 3, 2021 at 10:56 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Separation of Science and State John 6IX Breezy 233 10407 November 19, 2020 at 7:44 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Why is Vatican a state? Fake Messiah 13 1291 November 11, 2020 at 9:07 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Satan and Flying Spaghetti Monster Unite for Church-State Separation AFTT47 2 671 September 23, 2019 at 8:29 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  make friends with both washington and moscow Interaktive 8 987 March 22, 2019 at 1:07 am
Last Post: fredd bear
  The communist state of Kerela, India Duty 5 845 December 22, 2018 at 11:33 pm
Last Post: DodosAreDead
  State level elections in BAvaria yield ground breaking results Deesse23 0 251 October 15, 2018 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  So Apparently We Have An AG Who Doesn't Think Hawaii Is A State. Minimalist 39 8067 October 1, 2018 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Tillerson Out as Secretary of State Crossless2.0 12 1471 March 17, 2018 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Succubus