Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Much Like the Republicunts
Much Like the Republicunts
the fucking church insists on making itself less relevant to the modern world.

Good for both of them. Die out, already.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/2012111...DSR80.html

Quote:VATICAN CITY (AP) - The Vatican is digging in after gay marriage initiatives scored big wins this week in the U.S. and Europe, vowing to never stop insisting that marriage can only be between a man and a woman.
RE: Much Like the Republicunts
But if that man should die, then his brother has first dibs on her so long as the brother was living with the couple and there has not yet been a male child born.
Nemo me impune lacessit.
Not surprised at all. All the extremists seem to be doubling down on their extremism in the face of the recent reality check.
I liked this comment by the bishop:

""If not, then why not contemplate freely chosen polygamy, and naturally so as to not discriminate, polyandry?" he asked sarcastically. Polyandry is when a woman has two or more husbands."

Yes, why not?? I'm completely serious. Why is polygamy bad? I mean, people in other countries have been practicing it for thousands of years.
Stop regulating people's marital and sex lives, and the church would have little left to harp on, I guess.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
(November 10, 2012 at 10:55 pm)Aroura Wrote: Not surprised at all. All the extremists seem to be doubling down on their extremism in the face of the recent reality check.
I liked this comment by the bishop:

""If not, then why not contemplate freely chosen polygamy, and naturally so as to not discriminate, polyandry?" he asked sarcastically. Polyandry is when a woman has two or more husbands."

Yes, why not?? I'm completely serious. Why is polygamy bad? I mean, people in other countries have been practicing it for thousands of years.
Stop regulating people's marital and sex lives, and the church would have little left to harp on, I guess.

In fact group marriages would have several practical advantages over monogamous unions.

The first one springing to mind is the increased financial support for the family group, so if one member loses their job or is disabled then it is not the disaster it would be otherwise.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
I cant hear enought of such news, and am realy happy about it.
To some it might mean that the radicals will get more radical. But knowing my lovely progressive Europe, I know that we will through that "help" successfully de-catholicise ourselves.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How much influence does he have? zwanzig 32 3051 September 13, 2021 at 11:24 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How much of my personal experience should I tell the world? Der/die AtheistIn 10 1411 January 18, 2019 at 8:08 am
Last Post: Der/die AtheistIn
  Why does my family want me to be christian so much? Der/die AtheistIn 17 2790 March 29, 2018 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Do I sound like the "devil" to you? My mother thinks I speak like the devil... ReptilianPeon 60 9301 July 6, 2016 at 6:03 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Why Does God Need So Much Praise? Rhondazvous 57 8478 April 24, 2016 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  This Could Have Gone in Damned Republicunts, too, but Minimalist 20 3121 February 27, 2015 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Losty
  Know a christian by his fruit. How much fruit? Brakeman 30 3973 January 20, 2015 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  So much bad Jacob(smooth) 26 4230 March 4, 2014 at 11:59 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  How much of the Bible do you believe literally? xpastor 61 11043 February 14, 2014 at 8:04 am
Last Post: Marvin
  Much needed advice. I need more atheist friends. dangSHAYNAdang 32 5882 January 6, 2014 at 1:13 am
Last Post: dangSHAYNAdang